AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i know this is probably an old topic, but i need to know if the Galil 223 Orlite polymer mags will work in M76 with a little modification

i was told that they would work without- not true

the mag locks up TIGHT and PERFECT. its fits like a fucking glove. When i went to the range- and hand cycled the rounds- i get a failure to feed

the round, instead of going into the chamber, get impacted approximately 2-3 mm lower, getting hung on the lower part of the chamber.

the funny thing is that if the rounds are one RT side of the magazine- this event happens

if the round is on the LEFT side of the magazine, the round feeds! the projectile does exhibit a very minor damage to the projectile (almost invisible) but its there

is there a way to modify feed lips/follower of the these orlite mags to make it work? its such a shame that the mag fits so good going in .. :bh: HAHA yet it fails to properly feed

i'll get some pix up later tonight

thanks

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 223 Orlite Galil mags in Valmet M76-*** PIX UP

DT

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Re: 223 Orlite Galil mags in Valmet M76

Gailil mags in an Valmet have been problematic and most do not recommend it as many time if you can get it to feed, the rounds tend to hit the upper side of the chamber and push the bullet back in the case setting up a over-pressure situation.

Modified Bulgarian 5.56 mags give better and safer results.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Hootbro

here are the pix

mag loaded- charge the bolt- from the RT side of the mag

top view

took the mag out exactly where the round remained

damage the to from of the projectile's tip

now this one was fed from the LT side of teh magazine, round chambered but still- little damage to the projectile

magazine view

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had several MCP and LIQ converted mags for Valmets and the had a raised area in the front of the mag, similar to a saiga mag with the bullet guide! Not as pronounced, but much higher than my galil and R4 mags! Guess it would help lift the nose of the round and feed it more directly into the chamber!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts