AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who made the .223 -120 round drums and are there any to be had? One more question...Will they work in a SAR3 or just the Bulgarians? :neutral:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I think there were small amount of chinese ones from back in the day. I don't think those would fit a SAR3 or bulgy gun though. I have seen a 223 drum that had what looked like a mini14 tower on it. It was a silver metal color, not the plastic type.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've got one of the 120rd. .223 drum. It was made by Norinco. It is the same design as the 75 and 100rd drums that were made for the AK in 7.62x39mm - Backloading.

I've only seen and heard of them being made to fit the AR15. The one that I have works flawless.

DK

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
There are new 90 round drums being made in .223 for the AR-15 and Mini-14. Plastic and cost about $100.

I know of 5.45 and .223 AK Chinese drums but they are supposed to be insanely rare, $300 being a "good" price on them.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
doneking said:
I've got one of the 120rd. .223 drum. It was made by Norinco. It is the same design as the 75 and 100rd drums that were made for the AK in 7.62x39mm - Backloading.

I've only seen and heard of them being made to fit the AR15. The one that I have works flawless.

DK
I remember a back issue of one of the gun magazines out there where ted nugent is on stage with an AR and one of the chinese drums in it, Knowing him it was probably and M16.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The 120 round drums were made for the AR15/M16. I believe the only .223 drum imported for the AKs is the one for the Polytech guns and they won't work in anything except the Polytech unless they are modified. The .223 Polytech drums are extremely rare and usually sell for $300+ IF/WHEN you can find one.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
MKM said:
The 120 round drums were made for the AR15/M16. I believe the only .223 drum imported for the AKs is the one for the Polytech guns and they won't work in anything except the Polytech unless they are modified. The .223 Polytech drums are extremely rare and usually sell for $300+ IF/WHEN you can find one.
Thats the AK drum I was talking about.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Here's a pic of the one that I have. Norinco Triangle /36\, 120rd.

You can see that it is pretty much the same as the AK type, but with a much longer feed tower for the AR15/M16.

I've also heard of the Polytech ones, but have never run across one.

DK[/img]

·
Registered
431 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
MKM said:
Thats the AK drum I was talking about.
I ran into one at a Gunshow about a yr ago. It was the .223 AK chinese drum. Could have got it for $90, even called the folks selling it when we figured out what it was, and they said they would hold it, and instead sold it the next day while unpacking from the gunshow....I almost cried:( Last one I saw on GB was priced at $425?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts