AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Yugo M95 broke a shell today. I had the gas system turn off so the case must of been week. I was cycling the rounds by hand. I didn't even know it happened till I tried to hand load another round. The part that broke off is about the length of 40 cal case. Is there a way to get the broken case out without buying a broken shell extractor? Never mined. I got it out with a wire brush for a 9mm pistol. It came right out.

·
Registered
794 Posts
If it was a fired casing? I have heard that you can take a dummy round load it in a mag and let the bolt strip it out at full force. The nose of the dummy will loge in the neck of the broken case locking it on tight. Then place the but of the gun on the deck and use a rubber mallet. Give the bolt handle a wack and it should pull both free of the chamber.

That being said I have never tried this method myself. The only broken case I have had was in an AR. In that case the next round fed into the chamber and locked up like above. I put the edge of the charging handle on the bench (muzzle down range) and bumped the stock with my hip. It poped the cartridge and the broken neck right out.

Good luck
Old Sarge

1 - 2 of 2 Posts