AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked one up from CFS on a whim. Has anyone built one? How did it go?
THX

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
You'll get more hits in the WASR-22 forum on this board

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I didn't see your post in the wasr .22 section.

I bought a CFS kit. I also grabbed one of the M+M Romanian made receivers by suggestion on this board before they sold out. That was a great deal.

Spent a few hours one night and then the next afternoon putting it together. Easy build like the old days.

I had an extremely mismatched set of funiture, G buttstock, milled Bulgarian lower handguard lol. I grabbed a spare romy lower, stripped it down. It did not match at all. I had to hit it with paper the lighten it up. I took some black rit dye to try and get the laminate sheets to soak it in to match. It worked pretty well and I think it matched the stock closely. Since its a civilian model I didn't care at all about keeping it "correct". They build a little different than an AKM, due to the internal parts but its easy. There is an overload of info on this on the weapons guild forum.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
l4mbr3tt4 said:
Spent a few hours one night and then the next afternoon putting it together. Easy build like the old days.
Sad, but true.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great, thanks for the replies. I just called CGS and left a message, hopefully they have some receivers left. BBT is supposed to drop my kit off tonite, was waiting for a serial number and try to get it matching, I'll let you know what I get. I have boxes and boxes of left over AK stuff from the good ole' days, including a brand new EG stock set. 14mbr3tt4, good to hear from a fellow Mainiac! I grew up in Old Town.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts