AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pickup a SSR-85c2 for about $1800. Would you jump on it or pass. I don’t know a lot about these rifles and would like some input.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Whose the importer ? TGI, or Armory USA, or other ?

ISD‘s build quality became hit-miss after the loss of Armory USA‘s/Global Trades oversight.

Regardless, $1800 seems high considering the comparable new Zpap M70 for $999-1300 (depending on furniture).

SSR 85 c2 were t3 Bulgarian barrels on thick ISD receivers but not RPK trunnions (that you’d otherwise get on the Zpap M70).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whose the importer ? TGI, or Armory USA, or other ?

ISD‘s build quality became hit-miss after the loss of Armory USA‘s/Global Trades oversight.

Regardless, $1800 seems high considering the comparable new Zpap M70 for $999-1300 (depending on furniture).

SSR 85 c2 were t3 Bulgarian CL barrels on thick ISD receivers but not RPK trunnions (that you’d likewise get on the Zpap M70).
Hey thanks the importer is tgi

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Had one from Armory USA...they were put together with used type 3 barrels (mostly Bulgy but there were some Polish) on a 1.5mm Armory receiver...the one I had had a bad barrel, at 50 yrds I could hit a 2' square piece of card board and that was about as accurate as it would get...you might want to check the rifling and how much of a bullet it swallows...and yup, they were a mutt...there are a lot of other variants out there that I'd get for that kinda money long before I'd consider one of these...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts