AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve come to the conclusion that my posting individual threads a few weeks before these great gun shows here in San Antonio may not be giving everyone enough time to prepare to attend, so for 2014 I’m taking a different approach to letting everyone know about the best gun show in the area, the Premier Original San Antonio Gun Show!

So, instead this year I am going to start one thread listing all the dates, and I’ll post updates and reminders to it so folks can subscribe to it and get everything they need to know without having to find the new thread!

First, there are two shows scheduled so far this year….

March 22 & 23, 2014
May 31 & June 1, 2014

Both will be at the Freeman Expo Hall next to the AT&T Center (3201 East Houston Street) here in San Antonio. Hours are Saturday from 9am to 5pm, and Sunday 10am to 4pm; and general admission is still only $8 (cash only), weekend passes are $12 (also cash only) and children UNDER 12 and Uniformed Peace Officers get in free!

And, thanks to the nice folks at Premier, parking is FREE!!

Befriend Premier Gun Shows on Facebook and learn the secret word that gets you a dollar off entry posted before every show, or you can join their email list and get a dollar off as well!

A group of us meet up for breakfast at 8am on Saturdays not far from the show at Teran’s (4403 E Houston St). Feel free to join us if you’re interested!
Again, subscribe to this thread and I’ll post any updates and reminders about a month and two weeks prior to the show!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We're about a month out from the 22-23 March Premier Original San Antonio Gun Show, I hope everyone is making plans to attend!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This show is only two weeks from today! I hope everyone has plans to attend, and I hope we see you there! :bd:

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK folks, just a friendly reminder that we are a week away from the best gun show in the Central Texas area, the Premier Original San Antonio Gun Show!

I hope everyone has plans to attend, we’ll see ya there!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything's still on for breakfast at 8am tomorrow and the gun show after that, hope to see a lot of folks there!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We had a nice crowd for breakfast and the show was good as well. For some reason it seemed like there were either new vendors or at least different goods available, as while we normally get through everything in about two hours, this time it took three!

My buddy bought a nice FN .45 pistol and another bought an AR lower; but I am not sure if anyone else from breakfast got anything as we all went in different directions once we got through the door. I have a line on something I am interested in, but the details will have to remain "classified" until such time as the deal is done as I don't want to jeopardize the transaction!

The great news is that more dates have been announced for 2014! The remaining Premier San Antonio Gun Shows will be:

31 May and 1 June
19 & 20 July
30 & 31 August
18 & 19 October

Plus there will be a show in December, but the dates are still to be determined!

So mark your calendar and tell your friends! This is the best show in the area, and one you definitely don't want to miss! If you want a reminder for these upcoming shows, subscribe to this thread and I'll post up a few times beforehand to remind everyone!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it’s just a few weeks out from the 31 May – 1 Jun Premier San Antonio Gun Show, so here’s everyone’s WARNORD so they can make plans to attend!

Breakfast will be at the usual location (Teran’s) at the usual time (8:00am) on the usual day (Saturday), see my first post for more details and directions.

I’m sure we’ll have another good crowd, I hope to see some new faces this time around! Please let me know if there are any questions!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just one more week until the Premier San Antonio Gun Show! I am really looking forward to it, and hope there’s another good crowd and lots of great stuff there!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yep, it's always a great show. Got some cool stuff there over the past few iterations. As a side note, the Liberty Show at Pedrotti's had its final occurrence this past weekend. Sparse attendance and allegedly difficult property management lead to its relocation elsewhere. Hope that never happens to the Premier or Saxet shows.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately, it's no surprise that the Liberty show didn't do well. Trying to compete with the two large shows (SAXET and Premier) just isn't smart, the market is pretty much saturated with those two major venues and as Texas Gun Shows found out the hard way, there really isn't room for another.

It's too bad though, the Liberty show was literally five minutes away from where I live. Still, I didn't expect it to last. I hear they are looking to do shows up in New Braunfels and other locations where there aren't shows. I hope they do better in those markets, but the majority of vendors are still going to go to SAXET or Premier...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just one last reminder that the Premier San Antonio Gun Show is this weekend, 31 May – 1 June. It’s going to be another great show, and hopefully we’ll see everyone there!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It’s only two more weeks until the next Original San Antonio Gun Show! That right, folks, the nice folks from Premier will be back in the Alamo City on 19 & 20 July for yet another great event!

Details such as location, times, entry, parking are the same…the show will be held at the Freeman Exposition Hall next to the AT&T Center (3201 East Houston Street). Hours are Saturday from 9am to 5pm, and Sunday 10am to 4pm; and general admission is still only $8 (cash only). Weekend passes are $12 (also cash only) and children UNDER 12 and Uniformed Peace Officers get in free!

Once again, thanks to the nice folks at Premier, parking is FREE!!

Befriend Premier Gun Shows on Facebook and learn the “secret word” posted before every show that will get you a dollar off entry, or you can join their email list and get a dollar off as well!

The usual group is meeting up for our pre-show breakfast at 8am on Saturday at Teran’s (4403 E Houston St). C’mon out and join us!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now it’s only one week before the Premier San Antonio Gun Show! Hoping to see a lot of folks there!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just one more reminder that the Premier San Antonio gun show is this weekend, 19-20 July! Hope to see you there!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For all who enjoy going to the Premier San Antonio Gun Show, the owners of the venue—Bexar County—want to double the price of parking which will result in this show possibly ending after the next event, 30-31 August 2014!

Currently, Premier is covering the cost at $3.50/vehicle, which they pay out of their advertising budget in hopes that free parking for the show participants will bring more folks to the show; but at $7 it just is not economically feasible for them to absorb the cost and continue only charging $8 for admission.

Premier is still waiting on a final decision from the county, but unless the latter is willing to compromise, it will lead to the August show being the last one.

Below is a copy of the email I sent to Bexar County District 4 Commissioner, Tommy Adkisson ([email protected]) cc'ing his chief of staff Mario Llano ([email protected]) and executive assistant Monica Martinez ([email protected]).

I urge all fans of this show to either submit a similar email, mailing it to him at 101 W. Nueva, Suite 1029, San Antonio, TX 78205 or calling Commissioner Adkisson's office at (210) 335-2614.

Those of us who enjoy this show need to let them know to do everything they can to ensure it sticks around! Please feel free to share the above information to anyone and everyone who is a fan of this show!

Cheers! M2

Commissioner Adkisson

It is my understanding that the management of the Freeman Exposition Hall is trying to increase the price of parking for the Original San Antonio Gun Show from $3.50 per vehicle to $7.00.

Several months back, the show promoters, Premier Gun Shows out of Dallas/Fort Worth, decided to absorb the cost of parking out of its advertising budget in an attempt to draw more customers to the show and our area.

As Bexar County is the owner of that Freeman Exposition Hall, I hope it is within your power to intervene in this attempted cost increase as it will effectively shut down this show. It is economically unfeasible for Premier to pay $7 per vehicle then only charge $8 for entry, resulting in a profit of only one dollar per participant.

In case you are not aware, each show--which occur six times during the year--brings in tens of thousands of dollars to the local economy. Not only does it involve the buying and selling of firearms, accessories and other items at the show; but the show itself brings in hundreds of vendors and participants to San Antonio who in turn spend money on local hotels, restaurants and at other businesses as well as to the local government through the collection of sales tax.

This attempt to raise the price of parking by the management of the Freeman Expo Hall will bring this revenue to an end. I can see no reason for the increase, as with Premier paying for the parking there is no requirement to have Expo Hall personnel collect monies at the entry to the lot.

I respectfully ask that you do everything within your power to stop this increase from happening. This attempt to extort a few more dollars from the promoter will effectively cause the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars for local businesses and the county. Additionally, no money will be made from an empty venue, so economically it makes much more sense for the county to continue profiting from the current arrangement than risk losing it all in a feeble attempt to squeeze a few more dollars out of the promoter.

I appreciate anything you can do to assist in a positive resolution to this matter.

Respectfully,

<signature block>
Bexar County Resident

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This weekend (30-31 Aug 2014) could be it, folks, the last Premier Gun Show in San Antonio! :(

Bexar county is trying to double what they charge the nice folks at Premier for parking at the Freeman Expo Hall. As you know, Premier started paying for the parking a few months back in order to draw more people to the show. Unfortunately, with the county trying to extort more money from them, it looks like this coming weekend’s show could be the last one!

But let’s focus on the positive for now, the Premier gun show this weekend! :)

Details are the same…the show is at the Freeman Exposition Hall next to the AT&T Center (3201 East Houston Street). Hours are Saturday from 9am to 5pm, and Sunday 10am to 4pm; and general admission is still only $8 (cash only). Weekend passes are $12 (also cash only) and children UNDER 12 and Uniformed Peace Officers get in free!

We’re doing the usual pre-show breakfast at Teran’s (4403 E Houston St) at 8am on Saturday. Please join us, and bring a friend (or two)!

Otherwise, you can “friend” Premier Gun Shows on Facebook and learn the “secret word” posted before every show that will get you a dollar off entry.

You can also join their email list and get a dollar off as well!

Parking, despite the county’s best efforts, is still FREE!!

Hope to see everyone there!

Cheers! M2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts