AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
far out man . your (and Wolfs) timeing is impecable !!!

http://akforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1755

i would think most want the 59/60gr airtip fmjbt loading . the 70gr Uly , made with tracer jackets , sucked for most . a few seemed to liked it . your 5.45s weapons sites are setup for lowerweight ammo at higher velocity .

sure need a decent FLATBASE 303 bullet with MK7 B.C. for reloading . boat tails arnt really what the 303likes . it would be nice if this bullet had the Wolf trade-mark tipspace but i suppose thats too much to ask for :neutral:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm really excited about this "Military Classic" stuff. "New for 2006" and "inexpensive for high volume shooters" is what it says.
Maybe this spring I can get back into some high volume shooting like last year... but only if the ammo is available for well under $100 a case.

Anyone know what the deal is on this "Military Classic" ammo?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Military Classic?

Bet its a marketing tool - hopefully a signal that they are about to flood the market (and depress prices) with ammo they couldn't unload after filling some contracts :razz:

Not that I care - if its the same damn ammo I've been shooting for the last month and the price drops, all the better!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Re: Military Classic?

The_Shootist said:
Not that I care - if its the same damn ammo I've been shooting for the last month and the price drops, all the better!
+1,000,000,000

·
Registered
786 Posts
I emailed Wolf about the Military Classic, as usual I got a basic response back:

"The Military Classic is in transit and we expect to have it around the
end of April. Thank you for your inquiry and interest in WOLF Performance
Ammunition."

They also said in a previous email the normal run 5.45 would be in end of March. Im not holding my breath, but this Mil Classic ammo gives me a little better of an out look concerning 5.45 ammo and its availability in the future

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Wolf Mak?

Yeah - Wolf had a good idea with that 120 gr HP Mak bullet - too bad from all acounts it doesn't expand!!! Silber/Brown Bear are still the best self-defense rounds .

Still, put about 200 rds thru my Bulgy Mak of the Wolf 120 gr stuff and there were no hiccups, so I could use it if I have to. 120 gr Mak bullet moving at 1050 fps at the muzzle (if you believe their catalogue) isn't too shabby.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Hope this means wolf'll get cheap again...
if thats what the "Military Classic" is, then we need them tho make a 5.56 version too.

Or maybe an AR in 5.45. Either would work, but both at once would be cool.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AKLover_91 said:
Or maybe an AR in 5.45. Either would work, but both at once would be cool.
Alexander Arms makes the AR .21 Genghis, chambered for 5.45mm. Pricing was $1000 for the M4 style AR and $599 for the upper. No idea on the mags used though.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Lovely catelog. It's real when I can buy it. Currently? I can't buy it... therefore, Wolf is effectively out of business in the US.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts