AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1x-4x Power Short Dot on an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!

I have a 5.56 Ak that I use as my goto Gun and I think I could get more out of it in the long run if it had a powered optic.

Has anybody tried this yet?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
You're thinking of mounting a Short Dot on an AK?

Interesting - how would you go about mounting it? BTW, I personally think it's a waste, but do as you like.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've been wanting to mount a Millet DMS 1-4x on the dust cover rail on my Kreb's KTR-03S, but I don't know how high it will need to be to clear the AR style rear sight. This red dot seems to be the hot setup for 3 gun competitions because of the 5-200 yard setup of my local club on most stages, bunch of the AR's are using it and it retails for just over $200. My EOTech work great but needs a little magnification sometimes.

I wonder if I could mount it just ahead of the rear sight to keep it low but still work with the eye relief?

Found some pics on the net:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
IMHO a magnified optic greater than, say 1.5x can really be utilized much more effectively by an AR platform.

I think nearly all AK applications would be best served by a 1x red dot or at the most a 1.5x ACOG....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thekatar said:
You're thinking of mounting a Short Dot on an AK?

Interesting - how would you go about mounting it? BTW, I personally
think it's a waste, but do as you like.[/quot

My AK has the mount on the side and I was thinking of using some mount with a pic base and mount a 1x-4x Nightforce to that.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Cool. Most expensive scope ever mounted to an AK... ever.

·
Registered
430 Posts
LOL I had a Trijicon TA31 RCO mounted on my SLR-106 just for fun. Never shot it mounted though, it was way off set to the right. I used one of those low profile mounts made in Belarus. It looked way out of place....

·
Registered
84 Posts
"Cool. Most expensive scope ever mounted to an AK... ever."

I thought it, glad someone else said it though. ;p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts