AK Rifles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My WASR10 arrived today and i duly picked it up at the gunstore, took it home, stripped and cleaned it. ALOT easier to strip and clean than a 1911 so I'm happy in that regards. Easy to take down - easy to put back together.

I was favorably impressed with it - given the price I paid (under $300). Its my first AK, nothing fancy but the machining, fit, finish all appear to be good. No marks on interior / exterior surfaces, everything moves and aligns fine. I'm satisfied on the surface with what I have - now I have to test it out in a range session (this Sat!).

I was struck by how compact it is - actually smaller than I thought it would be (I'm a big guy at 6'2" broad shouldered and 220 lbs). I hope it doesn't kick too bad, as the rifle doesn't seem to have much mass to soak up too much recoil.

I understand how it could be a favorite assault rifle the world over due to its size, but I guess the 1st time I fire it I had better be careful about shouldering it - the butt surface really is kinda small.

All in all I'm looking forward to this Saturday. It came with 2 30 rd mags, and I already had picked up a 30 rd Bulgarian military mag (REAL nice - after I cleaned all the cosmo off of it) so i guess i'm set, for now :twisted:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
if the stco feels too small u could always order a synthetic set from kvar in the nato length..its an inch and a quarter longer...i'm 6-5 and i love the nato set on my mak90.....its funny how 1 1/4 inchesmore on the stock makes a difference....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I used to think the stock was to small also, but I got used to it.
You are going to love it, and it doesn't kick as bad as you may think.

Congrats and Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts