AK Rifles banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts
gee...i guess they were sending scopes out to customers without even checking them? apparently they didnt even realize that certain scope had different retucules. Thats actually NPZ's part.

someone somewhere got cold feet on the subject of importation of true military optics... :wink:

lets hope that the next batch will be like original!

CumbiaDude said:
Hell, you're worrying me. A true 1P78 Kashtan is on the list of stuff I need to get - They better be available when I get the money :confused:
Don't wait...once someone figures out how these are powered, they might not make it in the country anymore.

CumbiaDude said:
BigSal said:
Is the 7.62x39 unit just not available in the states?
Correct. My understanding is that this stuff is too new and it's hard to get in the US, but it could be in the future *shrug*

I have a military version sitting on my bulgy 74 that I purchased from Oleg on gunbroker a month ago, and I he didnt give me any indication that they even had the unit for 762x39. At least now I know they make such a beast and with any luck someone will have the sense to import a few!!!

:allright:

BigSal said:
CumbiaDude said:
BigSal said:
Is the 7.62x39 unit just not available in the states?
Correct. My understanding is that this stuff is too new and it's hard to get in the US, but it could be in the future *shrug*

I have a military version sitting on my bulgy 74 that I purchased from Oleg on gunbroker a month ago, and I he didnt give me any indication that they even had the unit for 762x39. At least now I know they make such a beast and with any luck someone will have the sense to import a few!!!

:allright:
I emailed Oleg to ask if he could get the 7.62x39 akm version of the Kashtan.. He emailed NPZ to find out if they were available and they told him he had to order 1000 units for that to be an option..

[/quote]

I emailed Oleg to ask if he could get the 7.62x39 akm version of the Kashtan.. He emailed NPZ to find out if they were available and they told him he had to order 1000 units for that to be an option..[/quote]

Oh, just saw this 1000 unit order requirement...

I highly doubt they are making oleg order 1k of the 5.45 versions so why the insane order # for 7.62 :confused:

Discussion starter · #73 ·
Probably because the 7.62 version is not in production, whereas 5.45 is. In other words they have the 7.62 design ready and it could be produced but they aren't going to bother with less than 1000 unit runs. I'm sure they have already produced thousands of 5.45 models.

Z

I translated the entire Kashtan manual (using Google translate and my wits :wink:). It won't be perfect, but I think it's damn good (for free) :mrgreen: If any native Russian speakers wanted to point out my screw ups, that would be very helpful!

Whoever wants it, PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you the Word document. :smile:

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.