AK Rifles banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts
Mine is the original Military version with all three reticles.

I'll have to drag it out, but if I remember, it looks just like the one Miglan and TX-Zen have.
It looked to me like a standard Military issue manual, or close to it.

Perhaps its not original? Does the reticle light up green in the dark?

Well thats good. No idea, but if I were to guess, it may be the civi version of this scope.

JoeMomma said:
No idea, but if I were to guess, it may be the civi version of this scope.
...I already said it was definitely one of several civilian versions, no guessing necessary.

My internet is giving me trouble, but the product list is at this link. It's the S-1, but they have an S-2 and S-3 (all civilian models).

CumbiaDude, thanks again for clarifying. They have illustrations of the s-2 and s-3 models in the manual which makes sense now. I plan on keeping it regardless and getting a military version sometime down the road.

Yeah, it's not a BAD scope, it just isn't quite what you wanted :mrgreen: Probably constructed just as well, you just can't reach out and touch quite as well.

I bet it'd be great on a shorter-range carbine. Something where you don't need the BDC or range estimation as badly.

:smile:

So I just noticed the table here: http://www.npzoptics.com/catalog/sights ... arms/1p78/

As I understand it, the 1P78 is cammed for the 7.62x39 (300-600 meters) where the 1P78-1 and 1P78-2 are cammed for the 5.45x39 (400-700 meters).

Is the 7.62x39 unit just not available in the states? I would like to find one if anyone has any leads.

:allright: Thanks! :allright:

CumbiaDude said:
Yeah, it's not a BAD scope, it just isn't quite what you wanted :mrgreen: Probably constructed just as well, you just can't reach out and touch quite as well.

I bet it'd be great on a shorter-range carbine. Something where you don't need the BDC or range estimation as badly.

:smile:
Thats what I was thinking too. I bought this in mind for my sbr AK-105. So I guess it will work out just as good if not better.

this is interesting.

first off, this is civillian version, not the true 1p78. I shall spare you details of importation/exportation of these from Russia, but apparently someone put the brakes on the exportation of the military vesrion of this scope.

however, this could just be a specific batch (all these scopes come into the country batch by batch, which was paid and ordered in advance)...and JUST maybe this is the only batch. lets hope thats the case

i checked on the kalinka website, and nowhere in the description it states that you will get this civillian version, they claim you get the military version, calibrated fro 5,45x39 and has the proper BDC
check it
http://kalinkaoptics.com/kashtan-1p78-t ... unt-4.html

dude if I were you i would return it and get the real deal. Now you basically stuck with a 3x collomator sight.

voron said:
this is interesting.

first off, this is civillian version, not the true 1p78. I shall spare you details of importation/exportation of these from Russia, but apparently someone put the brakes on the exportation of the military vesrion of this scope.
Is this really the case? Not doubting you but I'm curious if the mil versions are really not going to be imported any more? Is this a concrete fact or speculation?

i thought it would be nice to have one of these with the single chevron for use on my 103 clone. Kinda like a rakurs with magnification.. so i wrote Kalinka asking if they are now carrying this model. i also asked how one could go about ordering one of these.
this is the response i got:

From Danny at 2/7/12 10:25 AM
Someone purchased one of these kashtan scopes from you recently and the buyer posted pictures.
The reticle was one single chevron, german post style, rather than the 400-700M reticle listed on the kalinka website. Is this kashtan with a "single chevron reticle" a model you offer now?
How would I go about ordering one to ensure I receive the correct style?

From Kalinka
All Kashtans come with the reticle mentioned in the description. It's literally impossible to get the scope with another reticle. So that 'someone' likely took Rakurs (which looks alike and has that German Post style reticle). Anyway, please, send the link to that info (it couldn't be found via google yet) to info@kalinkaoptics.com Thanks

dang thats bizarre!

maybe just a fluke? perhaps its just that one particular scope?

keep posting any new info you guys come across...

they just replied to me again.
this is what they wrote:
"It's so to say civilian version of Kashtan which arrived among 'real' Kashtan with no manufacturer' notification. So we're checking every scope and separate these C-1 versions. So if you order real Kashtan, you get it. "

they edited their reply on the website. deleted the earlier response.
sounds like they are on it to correct the issue!
their responses have been really quick.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.