AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new Kashtan, and I'm trying to figure out a few things.

The scope is marked as an S-1, but it has the military reticle. However the manual, that matches the SN on the scope only references the single chevron/post reticle, and is for the S model.

Anyone else get an S-1 marked scope/manual with a military reticle?

Thanks.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
they are quite common. What you have is a true military grade Kashtan, with a civilian reticule. they marked the outside probably to get through the necessary channels to get them here

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The scope has the reticle with the three chevrons/dot, and the vertical lines that seems to be the military reticle. Is that not the case? Is there another civilian reticle other than the modified german post with one chevron?

·
Registered
184 Posts
they are quite common. What you have is a true military grade Kashtan, with a civilian reticule. they marked the outside probably to get through the necessary channels to get them here
By his description, it appears nimslow has what I thought was the milspec reticle for his Kashtan. Did you mean to say he has the military reticle or is there a third reticle besides the german post and the holdover type reticle?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I've only seen two types of reticules for the Kashtan, but there are two body styles (74M and RPK) in the US, with the RPK version being ultra rare as far as I can see.
The military reticule model comes in one version simply called Kashtan, the other is called Kashtan S-1 which we believe was marked that way to allow Russian customs to export it since it is not technically a military model designation.

I have not seen one marked 1P78 in the states so they might all be considered non military models as far as the US is concerned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts