·
Registered
1,938 Posts
whats the story?

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New forum member ptica sent the pictures in, he lives inRussia. There are several sets of new pictures over in the Russian forum that he also has sent, an early AK74 (1974) and an AK47n. I have a couple more sets I will be posting for him later today.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
saern said:
thats one odd gas piston
The rifle has been made into a DEACT for free release or sell to the public in Russia. One of several things done to deactivate the rifle, is to cut the gas piston.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I wish we could get deacts here for reference purposes. But dont we have it better because we can get usable parts kits?

Here the receiver is the firearm so we cant get deacts since they have a real receiver.

There (Europe) the barrel is the firearm so they can get deacts but not kits with unplugged and undrilled barrels.

Is that right?

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
The receiver is marked "MAKET", which I think it means that the rifle has been deactivated.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
typically the chambers are also welded, firing pin channel in the bolt is welded, and cross-holes are drilled into the barrel under the front handguard.

·
Registered
297 Posts
jithaca,
Any chance you got a pic with a magazine in and the stock open? Both sides would be great if ptica had them.

I really like the later AKSU's.

Thanks.

:razz:

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I really think I want to base my clone on this one. The pistol grip looks black... is it? plum varies so much with different lighting i can't tell.

Is there any other pics of this? Thanks for the ones already provided. Beautiful!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I think the pistol grip is plum. Take a look at it in the 3rd picture.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
thanks guys. I love the handguards on the late ones. I really like how dark most that i have seen appear to be. Can only track down mid-production right now though (and am glad to find any at all!)

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't have close up pics of this one but I do of some others, different years. Do you want to see them or were just interested in the 1990 dated rifle?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts