AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reweld done by someone not known to the community. All matching besides the bolt and top cover. Have been told that the triangle within a cirlce stamp on the receiver could be a marking from the 2nd Al Medina Armored Division of the Republican Guard. Note that this is a later model Tabuk (1988) with the flip up night sights and grenade launcher features deleted. Tabuk 1.jpg Tabuk 2.jpg Tabuk 3.jpg Tabuk 4.jpg Tabuk 5.jpg

·
Registered
583 Posts
Reweld huh, saw cut I assume? Original barrel? I love anything with an RPK style trunnion. Very nice.
Looks like the selector has a hold back notch in it. When was that done?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes this was a saw cut deact kit, it did have a matching bolt but the head was ground off and the original Iraqi barrel was demilled also, so this has a Yugo barrel. The selector does not have a hold open, that is just poor lighting. Not sure about the serial on the receiver either...so little is known about these rifles.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Know little about Tabuk rifles, but curious about the stamped SN(?) on the receiver.
From OPs description I’m fairly certain this rifle was a European deact. There were a handful of fixed stock Tabuk’s on the market there 6-7 years ago. The triangle in circle and serial number stamped on the receiver were done by the proofing house that certified it as a deact most likely.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sight leaf is basically an exact copy of Yugo, doesn't have any Arabic numbers like the Maadi's do.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
The receiver number indicates these were built at the same time

6F25C2EE-CEBF-4A3A-8D09-008D344911F8.jpeg

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very interesting...that appears to be one of the 3 digit serial rifles that I’m not sure of the explanation for but the stamped serial on the receiver is close to mine..same triangle in a circle logo too. Very, very interesting indeed!

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
It was relayed to me that the 3 digit ones were built as training rifles and that some had cracked barrel trunnions. This one does not.

·
Registered
400 Posts
It was relayed to me that the 3 digit ones were built as training rifles and that some had cracked barrel trunnions. This one does not.
The Arabic التدريب electropenciled on the receiver means roughly “for training” so that seems to support that theory. A lot of 2003 manufactured Al Kadesiah rifles also have three digit serial numbers and seem to have been made for training purposes as well.

I suspect the extra stamped serial numbers and proofs may be European deact proofings from somewhere. Zib militaria had a few fixed stock tabuks for sale a while back for example.

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/10354&Locale=en_GB

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In the Kalashnikov Encyclopedia Vol. 1 page 1122 there is a picture of a 3 digit serial Tabuk with the triangle in a circle stamp but no stamped serial number on the receiver. There is no stamped serial on the receiver like on mine and the other picture posted. Interesting...thoughts? I just think it’s very strange that an importer would stamp a mark on these rifles with the triangle motif that Iraqi military units were known to use, Republican Guard, etc. Who knows? Maybe we never will know what it means.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts