AK Rifles banner

1982 Tula krink on GB

7K views 44 replies 22 participants last post by  uao85 
#1 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing with the crown. Didn't notice the serial number being in the wrong place. Good eye. I DID notice that the serial looks suspect. The tula star and year are always engraved, while the serials are stamped. In this example, everything appears to be engraved. Piston also looks interesting. Maybe a Khyber gun that found its way back here over the course of the last 10 years? I saw 82 and was thinking of the Charlie Wilson krink all over again since that is the only other 82 I have seen or heard of. Where are the pics of that gun? Would be a good example to compare this one to.

Edit-stock also has rolled struts instead of the early straight non-rolled variety.

#20 ·
I saw 82 and was thinking of the Charlie Wilson krink all over again since that is the only other 82 I have seen or heard of. Where are the pics of that gun? Would be a good example to compare this one to.
I was thinking about it, and I think the krink was given to him by the same people that would have been using the fake/pakistani made krinks as well. How could you confirm that his krink was real anyway?

#13 ·
I'm glad to see this confirmed. I was really confused about alot of things with it after discussing it on the phone with a member here.

This gun actually went up for sale about a month ago, with only like 3 pictures and was buy it now for $2000. I was pretty damn upset it sold right as I was trying to gather the money, but I'd probably have been pretty disappointed when it arrived!

Still, if that is a Pakistani bring back, it would make one hell of an addition to someone's collection. I'd probably be pretty hesitant to fire it with that bullet guide "rivet"/their reputation for not heat treating their parts though.

#14 ·
Looked a lot suspect to me as I only ever saw 1-2 original AKS-74U in many trips over to the A-stan. I saw dozens of fake 74Us' and it smacks to me of a copy.

#15 ·
I was hoping someone knowledgeable with kyhber's would chime in on this, good to know. Did you ever see one in 5.45? That's the only confusing thing here for me. I've seen pictures of the 7.62 Paki krinks that are made with very few genuine AKSU parts... but never a 5.45 one.

#19 ·
Fiorentino, yes- that's what I was saying; of the dozens I have seen (All the AKS-74Us were all 5.45x39) only one or two were original. I'm not even getting into the 7.62x39 variations thereof-that is a discussion for another day. There are a few of the fakes circulating around in a few unit museums and probably a few national museums these days for any country that went to A-stan.

#28 · (Edited)
Font

The real Tula "2" has a flat top and a slight square foot at the base. The 82 auction trunnion has a typical "2" round top and pointed foot. Also the top cover should not be stamped on the rear. The fact it matches so well screams Khyber along with the gas piston which is clearly Pakistani gun shop style. If this 82 kit was real it would have a 5k bid on it right now, had it been marketed right it would probably be worth 2k at least maybe more like where it's at now at 2.5k. I think it's cool but no telling what it really is under all that craftsmanship.

ps
1.) also the original "8" each circle is like an oval laying on it's side whereas the auction gun has round circles making up it's "8".
2.) proof stamp above the barrel pin should have a "A" on it. Can't tell what it is but doesn't look like an "A".
3.) bolt carrier is definitely wrong the cocking handle should have a heavy undercut sweep with lot's of contour not flat and plain on the backside as auction gun.
4.) top cover should have two rivets and a spot weld, looks like two spot welds in pictures of auction, but not sure.
5.) selector lever is definitely wrong.
6.) i like the hand-guards, high fiber pistol grip, gas block and muzzle nut.
7.) front trunnion has a much higher flat wall which is more beefy than the auction weapon, it's the portion that looks like a big fat "L" laying as if you pushed the "L" backwards and it's bottom is no vertical. based on only this alone would disqualify it as a real "82".

Gun Trigger Gun accessory Revolver Metal

#32 ·
Unless you guys are truly planning to buy it, don't bother that guy just to "get the story". Curiosity killed the cat as they say. He might even pull the auction if too many people are acting all suspicious or accusing him of something.

#33 ·
I asked him about it. Got a douchey response. Tried to tell me Afghanistan doesn't make forgeries lol. Honestly I'd pay the money for dirt floor built model!

#35 ·
I checked the pics I have of a 1982 AKS74U; Its the gun pictured in the Tokoi book, out of the MOD pattern room.

Anyways, fonts seem to match. Serial number range is off.. The Tokoi gun is in the 250000 range.. The Soviets must have really been pumping them out.

Also, the Tokoi gun was captured in Afghanistan, and is supposedly the first AKS74U in western hands.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.