AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
that looks like some illegal bring back chopped up IMO. That thing has seen 1000x more wear than any krink kit i have ever seen.

·
Banned
345 Posts
The 82' date looks incorrect, and star looks too good. Never seen a cover with the # stamped on the back on an AKSU.

·
Registered
277 Posts
What's up with the bullet guide rivet,it looks weird?but I'm no kink expert either. Also it looked like it was ground in that area too. Or is it just me?

·
Registered
277 Posts
What's up with the bullet guide rivet,it looks weird?but I'm no kink expert either. Also it looked like it was ground in that area too. Or is it just me?

Also, does the muzzle seem off? Like too straight a cut/not much crown.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing with the crown. Didn't notice the serial number being in the wrong place. Good eye. I DID notice that the serial looks suspect. The tula star and year are always engraved, while the serials are stamped. In this example, everything appears to be engraved. Piston also looks interesting. Maybe a Khyber gun that found its way back here over the course of the last 10 years? I saw 82 and was thinking of the Charlie Wilson krink all over again since that is the only other 82 I have seen or heard of. Where are the pics of that gun? Would be a good example to compare this one to.

Edit-stock also has rolled struts instead of the early straight non-rolled variety.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
All '82's have rolled struts. In fact, all Tula AKSU's have rolled struts.

·
Registered
477 Posts
All '82's have rolled struts. In fact, all Tula AKSU's have rolled struts.
Good call, I guess I was thinking of the earlier izzy aksu rifles. Any ideas on the black izzy grip? This one is starting to stink more and more as much as I want this to be legit. :(

Any ideas on that piston?

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Im calling it that its definitely not tula. That sure looks like a kyber made kit to me...... Or something like that. The markings are not tula, the bullet guide, stock, rear trunion, ect all look weird to me.... But I could be wrong of course!

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Correct, it's not all original, or even a little original.

Reactions: AZG

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Correct, it's not all original, or even a little original.
I'm glad to see this confirmed. I was really confused about alot of things with it after discussing it on the phone with a member here.

This gun actually went up for sale about a month ago, with only like 3 pictures and was buy it now for $2000. I was pretty damn upset it sold right as I was trying to gather the money, but I'd probably have been pretty disappointed when it arrived!

Still, if that is a Pakistani bring back, it would make one hell of an addition to someone's collection. I'd probably be pretty hesitant to fire it with that bullet guide "rivet"/their reputation for not heat treating their parts though.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Looked a lot suspect to me as I only ever saw 1-2 original AKS-74U in many trips over to the A-stan. I saw dozens of fake 74Us' and it smacks to me of a copy.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Looked a lot suspect to me as I only ever saw 1-2 original AKS-74U in many trips over to the A-stan. I saw dozens of fake 74Us' and it smacks to me of a copy.
I was hoping someone knowledgeable with kyhber's would chime in on this, good to know. Did you ever see one in 5.45? That's the only confusing thing here for me. I've seen pictures of the 7.62 Paki krinks that are made with very few genuine AKSU parts... but never a 5.45 one.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
The one thing that stands out to me is the lack of recesses for swell neck rivets on the front trunnion and rear trunnion.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If it's not a Tula and a khyber bring back that's better imo. To bad I don't have the cash for it anyhow.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Fiorentino, yes- that's what I was saying; of the dozens I have seen (All the AKS-74Us were all 5.45x39) only one or two were original. I'm not even getting into the 7.62x39 variations thereof-that is a discussion for another day. There are a few of the fakes circulating around in a few unit museums and probably a few national museums these days for any country that went to A-stan.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I saw 82 and was thinking of the Charlie Wilson krink all over again since that is the only other 82 I have seen or heard of. Where are the pics of that gun? Would be a good example to compare this one to.
I was thinking about it, and I think the krink was given to him by the same people that would have been using the fake/pakistani made krinks as well. How could you confirm that his krink was real anyway?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts