AK Rifles banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gotta love the Yugo fins but the side folding romy RPK was a great buy. Ivan Drago is selling his last RPK side folder kit for $2000!
Wow, 2-grand? I think I paid $700 for my kit. Told the wife it was "an investment". Which wasn't a total lie, but getting the return on that "investment" would require selling it, which will never happen while I'm breathing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wow, 2-grand? I think I paid $700 for my kit. Told the wife it was "an investment". Which wasn't a total lie, but getting the return on that "investment" would require selling it, which will never happen while I'm breathing.
And that's why I'm never hesitating again to get a kit I want while they are easy to get. They're a great store of value when they're widely available and a great investment when they're not. Seems hard to lose a significant amount of money on a kit as long as you get in before scarcity causes the price to skyrocket.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
So I am a big fan of rewelding and saving junk receivers but what are you gaining welding the stubs together? The couple refurb marks? The rivets? Maybe keep the front stub but not the rear? I hate installing long rivets ;)

after rereading your first post, its making more sense :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So I am a big fan of rewelding and saving junk receivers but what are you gaining welding the stubs together? The couple refurb marks? The rivets? Maybe keep the front stub but not the rear? I hate installing long rivets ;)

after rereading your first post, its making more sense :)
Because I have an obsession with keeping every single original part from a trashed-out old commie gun as possible.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
That is going to be a fantastic rifle when it is done. It makes me want to relook at my 1973 kit. I guess the best reweld option would be to only use the front and rear stubs and a new center section.

Wood Gun accessory Gas Auto part Cylinder

Rectangle Gas Wood Metal Brick

Vehicle Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

21 - 29 of 29 Posts