AK Rifles banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have a 75 Izzy a well. The wood is quite a bit lighter. Here's a pic
View attachment 341490

Yours looks to have more of that dark rootbeer color you find on the early Tula and Izzys like this
View attachment 341491

But yours has the side swivel, LHG spring and proofs, and pin placement of the late models. I love both of the colors don't get me wrong. You have a beautiful kit, just unusual to see that dark of wood on a late Izzy. I love unusual!
I was kinda hoping the wood on mine was going to look like your ‘75 as far as being blemish free. Or like one of Vlado’s museum pieces.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
As far as Kalashnikov rifles goes, your kit is considered 100% mint unissued. It is extremely rare to find an example without dings in the surface finish of the wood. Simply taking the guns out of a crate, placing them on the floor and every other array of handling will almost always cause some marks in the finish. Personally, I prefer an example with a little bit of wear on the wood already, so I don't have to feel bad when I inevitably add more on accident simply by handling.

OP, your kit is a 100% perfect museum example. Feel good about it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
One thing that I noticed when I was cleaning up the parts that should be mentioned…this rifle is really built! Sheet metal or not, the steel and its quality is substantial. The small parts are finely machined and built to last through a lot of abuse. I was checking out something as simple as the stamped selector lever, a seriously strong design and well made. It would really take a determined effort from some knucklehead troop to f that up.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
One thing that I noticed when I was cleaning up the parts that should be mentioned…this rifle is really built! Sheet metal or not, the steel and its quality is substantial. The small parts are finely machined and built to last through a lot of abuse. I was checking out something as simple as the stamped selector lever, a seriously strong design and well made. It would really take a determined effort from some knucklehead troop to f that up.
Welcome to Soviet AK's :)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
The kits got bagged up after being cut up, they get scratched.

They look different after they are built. Your kit is sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Thanks! The Childers receiver and rivet kit came in Monday. I boxed it up that night to ship to AK-John. I had to leave out Tuesday morning. I’ll send it to him Saturday if FedEx is open and I get back home in time.
Ak John is on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 34 of 34 Posts