AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for Russian UF and picked this one up from BigAL (Thanks Again).

A few things I'm going to eventually change, but all in all a nice example of a former Russian PLO. Receiver engraving was done by Mario. Stock work by the one and only Z-Recto.

That is a 'long neck' Izmash magazine. I haven't snapped any pictures with one of those yet.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Bread is People said:
[quote="Exotic-Toys":9g708ehq]A few things I'm going to eventually change, but all in all a nice example of a former Russian PLO.
What do you plan on changing?[/quote:9g708ehq]

Changing the 74 UHG for an AKM UHG?

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tapeo1 said:
Bread is People said:
[quote="Exotic-Toys":21spqis1]A few things I'm going to eventually change, but all in all a nice example of a former Russian PLO.
What do you plan on changing?
Changing the 74 UHG for an AKM UHG?[/quote:21spqis1]

Hell Yes, HG's need to go. Z's PG is not bad, but I'm undecided about replacing it with an original.

The Duracoat needs to be replaced (too thick in spots - covers some inspector stamps up it's so thick)with a nice Park and then Gunkoted with AK Black. I love that stuff!

The top cover is a Maadi replacement for the pitted original Russian. Also, the numbers engraved on the top cover are perfect. The originals are electropencilled in. This I can live with, but I'm still debating on getting an electro-pencil and doing my own on a few of my rifles.

Love the rifle though!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Nice buy Exotic-Toys....

I soooo wanted to get that one from BigAl but didn't have the coin. Good to see that see went to a home that will appreciate her. Very beautiful.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
I think i'm going to go back to gunkote on future builds. it's more of a PITA, but can't be beat for durability. Also as noted, it doesn't cover up as much detail like the duracoat does..

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brownstown said:
Nice buy Exotic-Toys....

I soooo wanted to get that one from BigAl but didn't have the coin. Good to see that see went to a home that will appreciate her. Very beautiful.
I debated for a good day and decided I couldn't let it pass. I was in the process of REALLY thinning the herd down to just Russian / Russian clones and choice examples of AK's which really made this decision tough. I still have a few to part with, but have been too busy to list them.

Thanks for the compliments.

You guys have a great Saturday!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Nice clone sir! I am a AK74 fan and not much into AKMs, but your photos now made me regret selling my low serial. AMMS to help fund the RPK74..

oh, BTW, in any chance you are selling the Z grip, please sell it to me, I need it to complete the set of Russian RPK furniture I have for the RPK74 once its back from vector.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts