AK Rifles banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
The original stock has been changed from the kit. Somehow, the original stock was damaged quite a bit during shipping.. 🤦🏻‍♂️ however the hgs are og. I got lucky and found an og stock that matched the handguards perfectly to replace the one that was damaged in shipping.
Sorry to hear that about the original stock. How bad is it? I was thrown for quite a loop seeing the C-K proof on both the stock and handguard before hearing that sad part of the story.

You're right, though, about the finish. They do go well together. It perfectly characterizes the tail-end of Tula's mid-production before they slowly transitioned to more cast parts.

pp

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Sorry to hear that about the original stock. How bad is it? I was thrown for quite a loop seeing the C-K proof on both the stock and handguard before hearing that sad part of the story.

You're right, though, about the finish. They do go well together. It perfectly characterizes the tail-end of Tula's mid-production before they slowly transitioned to more cast parts.

pp
It was pretty bad. Bad enough that I felt it was a complete misfit for the rifle. There was a 3 or for in gouge down the middle of the stock. Is having a stock and hgs w ck proofs incorrect? I'm sorry for my ignorance! Thanks for your always insightful posts! I haven't seen you on here in a while welcome back and hope all is well.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts