AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent off a minty commen92 1972 Tula kit to TRA back in April..

Details of build

Matching 1972 Tula kit
Matching recreator receiver
FB barrel
ALG trigger swapped for a more accurate profile trigger.

Russian Black Paint only on receiver, barrel,fsb.

Build is beautiful and I'm very happy to have this one completed and in the collection!
Wood Everyday carry Shotgun Gun accessory Hunting knife

Wood Trigger Material property Gun accessory Air gun

Wood Trigger Air gun Automotive exterior Gas

Wood Air gun Trigger Automotive exterior Shotgun

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

Vehicle Wood Material property Fender Tints and shades

Wood Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory

Audio equipment Gas Electronic instrument Electronic device Electric blue

Carbon Bicycle part Rim Electric blue Gun accessory

Wood Automotive exterior Varnish Hardwood Wood stain

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did that furniture come with that kit? It sure is pretty! Congrats on an amazing build.
The original stock has been changed from the kit. Somehow, the original stock was damaged quite a bit during shipping.. 🤦🏻‍♂️ however the hgs are og. I got lucky and found an og stock that matched the handguards perfectly to replace the one that was damaged in shipping.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautiful rifle you have! Your rifle and mine are siblings...mine is a 72 Tula with serial number ИE9505, only 807 rifles after yours. They may have been made in the same week. I suspect all the proof marks are in roughly the same spots with likely the same placement of the electropenciling. View attachment 344045 View attachment 344046
How cool is that!?? Beautiful!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really nice! The shipping damage to the stock that you mentioned..when did it happen? Is it a Sauer kit? Well done!
Not real sure when it happened to be honest. I know I sent in a minty furniture set and when I got it back my stock was all sorts of screwed up. I reached out to the builder and they didn't take pics of the furniture when they received it so it's hard to say when it was damaged.

This is a commen92 or @BassetHound kit. Was posted on the ak files and I snatched it up! Very happy with the final product!

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts