AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Very nice!

What kind of receiver is that? If those matching AKM kits stick around for another few months I will have to get one and send it to you guys.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Yugom5966 said:
Very nice!

If those matching AKM kits stick around for another few months I will have to get one and send it to you guys.

what matching akm kits?

please tell :bd:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I always enjoy seeing nice, correct, Soviet AKM rifles.

I ordered 2 of the Soviet AKM parts kits from RGuns on July 5th, waiting see how long it takes them to ship and what they send me.

I also bought one of those kits without the front trunnion for $500 off the Marketplace trader forum at AK Files, figuring that it's probably best to have it put away as back-up just in case RGuns sells out before they get to my kits or something....this kit came with a Maadi front trunnion that the seller included - plans are to sell this one to help offset the cost of a Soviet trunnion.

I've located a source for Soviet Izhevsk front trunnions, just have to try to figure out which year might be most correct for my parts set.

When (or if) my RGuns kits arrive, I'll have to decide whether to just sell the first kit or go ahead and build it.

My plans for building up these Soviet AKM kits (either 2 or all 3 of them) are to use some nice original Polish barrels I have along with the heat-treated 80% Polish receivers from Cameron "Dark Knight" Childers at Childers Guns. I figure this is about as close to original as I am going to get, and being that I am a purist correctness freak "AK Nazi" (and I mean that in all the good ways), to me a Polish military barrel (Romanian would be my second choice) and Polish made receiver are waaaay better than a U.S. made barrel and receiver.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Marcus said:
I've located a source for Soviet Izhevsk front trunnions, just have to try to figure out which year might be most correct for my parts set.

Care to share?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Steve now you just showing off :grin:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Care to share?
Desert Fox Outfitters in Wickenburg, Arizona. They cost $200 each which is about twice the cost of a non-Soviet trunnion, but unlike Romanian, Polish, or Egyptian trunnions, Soviet trunnions are insanely hard to find and no new ones are being imported or likely to come in from Europe.

I've noticed several more of the trunnion-less Soviet AKM kits that sold recently here or on AK Files that would benefit from these, and picked up a 1970 Izhevsk kit on the Marketplace trader forum here that I will be picking up one of DFO's correct year trunnions for.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
A $200.00 trunnion...amazing! Values of these rifles is soaring. Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
That's a beautiful build. :beer:

Reactions: TRAAK's

·
Registered
890 Posts
A $200.00 trunnion...amazing! Values of these rifles is soaring. Thank you for the information.
Yeah, it's a Russian trunnion though, so these are much scarcer, and Soviet parts - whether individual pieces or complete kits - go for about twice what other ones do. Look at the difference between one of the $650 RGuns '69 Izhevsk kits and what a Romanian, Polish, or Egyptian kit goes for. Nice East German kits are getting kind of pricey too. And compare what Soviet AKM parts like the one APEX offers cost compared to parts from other countries.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
They are accepting, but you better get in line soon. The available spots are fast filling up!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts