AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of a 1967 or 1968 polish AKM to know if it has the early three spot welds above dimple or the later two spot welds over the mag dimple? Would they follow the soviet timeline for change in this? -Thanks

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
^ yeppppp.

Member "l4mbr3tt4" sent me a photo of a 1970 dated Polish AKM with the three spot welds. I'm sure he will chime in soon with the pics for you.

I have a 67 dated kit with the early style wood and pistol grip, I have one of Dark Knights polish recievers on order (assuming thats why your inquiring) and the 3 spot weld option is how I ordered mine.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Latest I've seen is 70.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Why does the trainer rifle have 2 spot welds above dimple and 3 spots welds above the dimple on the other side? I see a lot of pictures this way. I was wondering what was correct?

Also, the last 2 nds receivers I got back in Aug. had the same thing, 2 welds above the dimple on trunnion serial side and 3 welds on the side with the selector above the mag well dimple.

I just got a 1969 hardwood kit from AoA and need some info.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think the reasoning with 2 welds on one side and 3 the other is for ease of production.
Takes a little bit of time to set up to spotweld on the ejector side so you don't burn through it.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Why does the trainer rifle have 2 spot welds above dimple and 3 spots welds above the dimple on the other side? I see a lot of pictures this way. I was wondering what was correct?

Also, the last 2 nds receivers I got back in Aug. had the same thing, 2 welds above the dimple on trunnion serial side and 3 welds on the side with the selector above the mag well dimple.

I just got a 1969 hardwood kit from AoA and need some info.
Thats just they way they did it. The above photo is what yours should look like. Nice kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts