AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Had to run a service call today to Kentuckiana today so I had to pay a visit to Falls City Firearms and see what my buddy Rick had in his shop. I came back home with a 1954 Chinese Type 53 mix master with a spotless bore and something I have never seen on a Chinese Import, wire sling hangers. I have seen many Vietnam bring backs with them, but never an import marked one. The import mark is very small and all I can tell is the importer is from New Jersey and the towns name ends in “field”.

Well anyway here is my Chinese Type 53 mix master

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
That one sure looks like its been there and done that. I wonder if its not a veteran rifle, that was turned back in, stored, then sold off as surplus down the road. Regardless, its cool as hell.

I saw what I was positive was a VN bringback ChiCom 53 at a garage sale several years ago. Unfortunately, it had zero rifling left, and the stockwas broken and repaired with...duck tape.

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
I found a nice vet bring back T53 at the gun show few weekends ago, matching bolt and all. Circled around looking to see there was nothing else I wanted and when I got back it was gone.
You should have grabbed it. From what I've read, more often than not, the bolts are mismatched. I've been casually keeping my eyes open for a good example, and hope to get one soon.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
You should have grabbed it. From what I've read, more often than not, the bolts are mismatched. I've been casually keeping my eyes open for a good example, and hope to get one soon.
Myself and some friends ordered 9 from century and we recieved 3 that were matching with about 70% of the finish left and decent stocks.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I'll have to dig mine out of the back of the safe to be sure but I think the importer is Armsco in Springfield NJ. I have one that is all matching except for the buttplate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts