AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My collection of 1944's has grown by 1 more, and it's one that I have never seen before, a 1944 Izhevsk M38 Yugoslavian refurb. I have to admit I looked high and low on the web trying to find another while I waited for the auction to close but have had no luck in finding any so I guess they didn't do many.

It's in a wartime M44 stock, or at least that is what the stock is now since the bayo groove looks like it was carved with a butter knife. It is forced matched full of cosmoline under the wood line, but has a pristine bore. It will make a great addition to my collection of 44's ( as well as my other Yugo refurbs)

·
Super Moderator
26,347 Posts
TRZ is defiantly a Yugo mark...I have several re-worked Mausers that are marked like this on the stock.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you shoot them all? How many do you have!?!?!?
No, I have a couple of favorites I shoot, but most get shot once , cleaned and put away. I would have to count but I am somewhere around 120 of these damn rifles. ;-)

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Is the rear sight leaf partially in the white like M44 Yugo reworks? One of the other tell tale Yugo rework features. I have not seen a M38 Yugo marked. Could be original or a re-stock switch. Interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts