AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
they look like the same part with different names...personally Id go with the Occam, they are top shelf shit. BUT, the fact that the RD is 30 bucks less draws me to it...tho it would cause me chest pain to put money into any jim fuller endeavour. I dont think youd go wrong either way....check out Jmac, I think McMellons is making these

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was trying to figure out how to fit one of those to a slant cut underfolder receiver... ...or draw one and get a machinist to make one for me.

Everyone was yelling at me not to do it and I finally gave in.

I should get a parts kit and a put together a full length receiver with one of those rear trunnions.

(Those two look spooky similar, but not identical. One has some text inscribed in it, and the other has a 45 degree cut on the lower edge.)

Are you going to use a folding stock with an angle, so that the stock folds back below the charging handle?

Please post pictures of your build when it starts to come together. I want to see what I am missing out on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for help.
Not sure what stock. I was looking at the Sig minimalist plus for an AR so it's a possibility. Have yet to look at "AK" stocks.
The original intent was converting a fixed stock receiver to a side folder. When that plan was made the 1913 trunnions
didn't yet exist.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I used a 1913 trunnion from AoA (made by Colonial Armament) and a CNC Warrior sidefolder brace on a Yugo M92, and it's a great combo. The only problem I had was that the outer edges of the rail weren't chamfered, so it was a tad too wide for the brace to slide on there. I just filed them down a bit, so it wasn't really a big deal. The brace has the same wedge locking system as the Galil, so there's no wobble at all. Another cool thing is that you can order it as left or right folding, so I bought the left folding to keep it away from the "operating side".

AK-47 Master 1913 Railed Rear Trunnion - by Colonial Armament .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts