AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
for a sewer pipe? Someone is smoking PCP over there. How much does a well made domestic bbl go for?

I bought 5 Yugo kits from them (fixed stock version). All the barrels looked like a multitude went through it. I did so much cleaning I still think I smell the solvents. And of course, not being chromelined does not help my cause either.

:sad:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I'd rather pay the same amount and get the rest of the weapon with it, like their SA-85 kits.

When it really comes down to it, if Century can have barrels made, and assemble a complete rifle with a retail of $400, I would guess that U.S. barrels for the retail market, with a decent price tag, should not be too far behind.

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
I saw them listed as "virgin" barrels on the EE at AR15.COM

"Original "Virgin" Yugo M70 AK-47 7.62x39 Barrels!!! New Zastava manufactured barrels. These barrels have never been assembled (Gas port hole has not been drilled) We have a small quantity arriving soon. Preorders available. $169.97 each delivered. These barrels will work with fixed or underfolder M70 kits and/or rifles. Please make sure to call Pam for this pricing. 800-915-3346. Link will be added to http://centerfiresystems.com/pam.html for online ordering soon."

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have resorted to buying a "cheapo" 7.62mm barrel blank , and am now in the process of lathe copying one - for less than that crazzy $$ - but i am doing the lathe work myself , - i will post accuarcy results when completed- it wont be chrome lined - but atleast it has sharp clean lands & grooves

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thanks for the information guys and the link. They got a Krink kit for 5 yards. Not bad considering other places may make you ante up an extra yard or two.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
1Gunner said:
highway robbery
Nope... It called supply and demand. Capitolism, plain and simple.

If they have them and want to sell them, they can price them how they
see fit. If their price is too high, nobody will buy them and they will eventually have to lower their price.
They can charge the price the market dictates.
IF they actually sell well at that price, there is no reason to lower it.
Just because someone THINKS their price is too high, doesnt mean
their price IS too high.
What do you think a NEW yugo barrel should go for???
All it means is that particular person wont buy it for that price.
But someone else may buy it. Someone who really wants
it bad enough to pay the price they are selling it for.
I've missed out on deals for things that i have really wanted becasue of
50-100 dollars in price. It was stupid not to just pay the extra and get it.
Never again will i nickel and dime my self out of an item that i really want.

If i did have a kit that had one of those sewerpipe barrels and wanted to do a really nice YUGO build,
id be all over that barrel in a heartbeat.

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Greentimber said:
$179 for a yugo 7.62x39 AK barrel? That is straight bullshit. Am I the only one that sees a problem here?
Hey they're only $169 w/ the ARFCOM discount! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
10,317 Posts
CFS should be giving those barrels away free to those who bought their crap kits when they advertised them as excellent.

Hootbro

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
What? No lube supplied after they bend you over?

That is a shocking price to us now, but will probably be reality in a year or so. :sad:

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
Giving them away may not be practical, but they could consider a discount to those who purchased the "sewer" barrels.

Hootbro said:
CFS should be giving those barrels away free to those who bought their crap kits when they advertised them as excellent.

Hootbro

1 - 19 of 19 Posts