AK Rifles banner

14 X 1 LH muzzle devices - where are they?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  brianak 
#1 ·
Didn't pay attention and lost a Phantom FH the other day and now I cannot find ANY in 14X1. And for that matter no one has any real choices - what happened? Are there really so many people making a run on muzzle devices? Thanks.

#2 ·
I asked a similar question a few days ago, but specific to the smaller diameter for .223/5.56/5.45.

I followed some leads, and noticed that most of the stuff from US retailers is indicated as "out of stock".
You look for it on the websites, and they are set up to omit out-of-stock items.
Run an internet search with the specific names of the items, and the search engine will have the pages, follow through and the item is unavailable to purchase.

It looks like the shortage of everything continues, and brakes/flash hiders are lower on the list of priorities to get back in stock.

Side note: Materials prices (metal) jumped 20-40%. When they have more available, they will probably be a lot more expensive.

#4 ·
What we’re really going to miss is the random small parts we could get directly from Russia. It was great being able to email Ivan or Olga when you needed a new old stock part. I cry when I look at the list I was making for the next order.

Well coulda woulda shoulda, ….. any body got a couple of Russian TT-33 barrel bushings they can spare?

#5 ·
What we’re really going to miss is the random small parts we could get directly from Russia. It was great being able to email Ivan or Olga when you needed a new old stock part. I cry when I look at the list I was making for the next order.

Well coulda woulda shoulda, ….. any body got a couple of Russian TT-33 barrel bushings they can spare?
I think you're right.
My biggest business rival is a place located outside Moscow. I'm convinced they are cutting the skins off of decommissioned MIGs and hammering it flat to make parts as inexpensively as what they sell them for. And they seem to have a serious advantage on postal rates...
I have been afraid to check. Any time I can be blissfully ignorant instead of increasing rate of ulcer growth...
But that Russian seller has disappeared from the "selling platform".
Not sure if the problem is inability to ship, inability to receive payment, or if the selling platform is supporting the "new thing" by banning sellers in the nation of the new, artificial, enemy.

P.S.: No pickup in sales...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.