AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
common 12ga slugs are not the vehicle stopper some make them out to be . not even close to penetrating 1 , 1/8" MSS . sure , they go through safety glass and SOME AREAS of bodywork and doorpanels but thicker parts are COVER from common lead rifled slugs that even just carbines have easy access too , let alone rifles .

remember 'FIREPOWER' magazine ?

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
It's the impact that matters. Hide as long as you want, but if one finds you, you will need a year of rehab before you can return to the fight. :twisted:

Ever shot the "AP" 12 gauge ammo? The rifled lead slugs with a machined steel core inside of them?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Good photos, thanks.
Are these the Foster type slugs?
Listened to an Arizona hunter tell me a tale of a cowboy who picked up a check for 5 large from the Cattlemens Association for putting a 12 gauge Brenneke through the rear tire and the differential cover of a chainsaw ruslter's truck. Messed up the rear end enough so the trick wouldn't go. Sound plausible to you?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Q-gunner2 said:
It's the impact that matters. Hide as long as you want, but if one finds you, you will need a year of rehab before you can return to the fight. :twisted:
well , the next pic will be comparison with the measily little 762x39 . as far as sheetmetal is concerned there is no comparison if stopping an auto/truck means stopping the perp driving . i think you COULD blow a strut or control arm clean off with a 12ga slug but reaching the driver with REGULARITY from any angle is another matter .

i know there are better slugs like the K.Os but those are more for use against large critters .

Q-gunner2 said:
Ever shot the "AP" 12 gauge ammo? The rifled lead slugs with a machined steel core inside of them?
no . maybe i should . to me , those things are like , GAG ammo and of little use . the izzys have a 12ga AP load and somebody else makes one though .

5thShock said:
Are these the Foster type slugs?

yup . from standard 2 3/4" WW load . the low recoil slugs would act like the standard did @50M except at only 25M . those are the old , soft lead , 12ga slugs concidered so good for close anti-personnel use .

as for the story , sure i'd believe it . some of those differential covers are like tincan stuff and the Brenneke is famous for penetration with its HARD ALLOY , SOLID LEAD slug . they zipp right threw humans though , without expansion/deforming , which is why most PDs dont use them .

its not like i'm trying to say that these common slugs CANT damage a car/truck or gain entry to the passenger compartment . the object here is the COMPARITIVE RESULTS .

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
The ammo bank has some of the AP 12 gauge slugs in, they are more than $1 a round but could you pretty please test some so we have an idea of what they can realy do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts