AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever have one, and compared accuracy before and after going from 16 to 12.5 barrel?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had one it was very accurate at 16", but never cut it down.
Usually accuracy is not hindered by shorter barrels and may even improve because a shorter barrel is stiffer.
Just distance is affected because of velocity loss.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm I didn't really think about the barrel being stiffer.. But i can see how that would make sense... from what I hear you only lose ~200 fps with a four inch cut.. not sure if thats true but.. I keep getting more temped to apply for the tax stamp. Only thing slowing me down is the amazing groups I'm getting with the 16 inch barrel.... Twist is 1-10... potential barrel length would be 12-13''

·
Registered
352 Posts
So you getting these groups with or without the fake flash hider? Just wondering, I just picked mine up a couple days ago.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 107cr barrel chop accuracy

I dont use the fake flash hider.. it touches the barrel.. probably not effecting accuracy .. unless yours fits like mine and touches the barrel loosely.(its fake so it only serves a cosmetic purpose) .. groups range from 3 to 1'' at a hundred yards to 150 :pyro: :pyro: iron sights.. Ive noticed the 154gr stuff is less influenced by wind, but there is some extra recoil there and they drop faster.. I plan on shortening the barrel so I can use functional muzzle attachments... this rifle is great!! Putting up a mini silowette target at a hundred yards shooting standing with a fast rate of fire I put every slug into the shilowette :heavy: .. plenty of rested one inch groups with 3 and five shot strings. I dont think Shortening the barrel is going to make much difference within 200 yards. But I wrote this post hoping someone would know first hand what the 4 inch barrel chop does to accuracy :twirl: .... :pyro:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Accuracy is about the same...did the chop job myself...my CR has a slight site cant to the left but point of impact is the same after sbr as it was before sbr...all shooting was done at 25 yrds before and after...it's basically a safe queen now...did the same thing with a 106CR and the results were the same @ 25 yrds...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
akraider said:
Accuracy is about the same...did the chop job myself...my CR has a slight site cant to the left but point of impact is the same after sbr as it was before sbr...all shooting was done at 25 yrds before and after...it's basically a safe queen now...did the same thing with a 106CR and the results were the same @ 25 yrds...
Thanks for the reply man!! I'm stoked to hear that it stays centered @25 so hopefully it shouldn't change much from 100-200...
I had that cant as well.. I fixed mine by bending in the sight wings after sighting in and adding a windage adg rear to make the picture concentric.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts