AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not marital aids!:twisted: These:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/ite ... emid=92851

Think these would offer enough protection for shooting?

In the manual it says: "Although hearing protectors can be recommended for protection against harmful effects of
impulsive noise, the Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) is based on the attenuation of continuous noise and may not be an accurate indicator of the protection attainable against impulsive noise such as gunfire."

Sounds like they are only willing to commit to a definite "Maybe"

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
skyugo said:
probably better than nothing... :confused:
Definitely! I always wear plugs, but would like to be able to hear better between shots. @ $10 I can hardly resist trying them, maybe good for .22 plinking? Hmmm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 2 pair. 1 broke (no electronics) the first day, the second is still going strong. They work fine for shooting but I prefer plugs as the stock bumps the muff on me.

Damn, Did I say "bumps the muff"? :goof:

G

·
0 Posts
If they work as good as my set of Peltor Tac 7 then they are worth the $20.00.

Court in FL.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Court in FL. said:
If they work as good as my set of Peltor Tac 7 then they are worth the $20.00.

Court in FL.

They don't. As muffs they're alright, but the electronic portion of them sucks. My last pair I went and hung on the target stand and shot it after putting on a pair of earplugs.

It's just more Chinese junk.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since the NRR rating isn't listed, I assume it sucks.

I wouldn't put anything on that wasn't above 20. I use 33 rated foamies, and 28 rated hardshells.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have several sets that work fine.

Though I don't know the db protection, they seem quieter than some of my shooting muffs.

They are perfect for when you take new shooters out. They can actually hear commands and warnings.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
arashi said:
They are perfect for when you take new shooters out. They can actually hear commands and warnings.
This was one of my other concerns, I think at 10-20 I have to get a couple pairs!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts