AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The over all registered take on deer this year so far in Cleveland and Dallas county will top 10,000 by weeks end Im sure. Season is pretty much over for modern gun this weekend. They are @ 9,897 as of wed. of this week. That's a lot of deer!

Bumper crop of deer this year. Great for the body shop business. We turned 79 grand last month for a shop record. Not bad for just 3 guys. I missed the only deer big deer I shot at this year. :eek: I was horn hunting and guiding hunters on my place ( baby sitting ) I still have a 3 day after Christmas hunt .

How did your county do this year? Anyone bag a wall hanger?

ps. The deer I missed was running balls to the walls thru the river bottoms. I was shooting a friend's 223 bolt gun. I was just going there to guide and not hunt. It was about a 120 yard shot. I killed a oak tree. I shot over him about a foot.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Very impressive. Had no idea there is that much deer in the wild today.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Very impressive. Had no idea there is that much deer in the wild today.

Did not even make a dent in them. I see 20 or more deer every night on my way how just standing next to the road.

We have had deer walk between our shop and the fence to get in the back yard to eat vines off the fence. Fixed a car last year that hit a deer right in front of the shop. We are in the middle of town right next to the highway.

·
Registered
978 Posts
It is hunting season. I'm patiently awaiting member "X's" pics. Been looking forward to them all year long....

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Drought from two years ago reduced population for us here in Nebraska. One or two day rifle season to bag four deer is what I was used to but in the last two years I've gotten nothing. Muzzleloading this weekend probably...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I don't hunt, but can attest to the huge number of deer here in PA. I live down the street from a huge inner city park. In the past 10 years there have been 2 culls of deer inside the park. In the last, contracted hunters bagged 335 deer. The deer were decimating the local flora. We'd see them roaming the streets, digging through trash cans. I had one cross the street I was driving on one night, a huge 8 point buck. Asshat liberals blocking the streets protesting, trying to stop the hunt. A woman asked me to sign a petition to stop the hunt. I wouldn't do it. I told her we should reintroduce wolves and mountain lions to PA to control the deer population. She looked apoplectic. And those culled deer were butchered and the meat donated to local food banks.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My son and myself went to Baton Rouge for a RJM event. We left @ 3am counted 42 deer on the road side on the drive across the county. Another 15 or so in Bradley county. Once we cross over into LA didn't see a deer from there to Baton Rouge.

Snakebite aka John from the forum here was just a few mins. behind me hit a deer in his new Mustang GT. A luck strike it just busted up the paint on the bumper a little. Another foot and lights out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts