AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Digitalshadow said:
I like import triggers alot more than tapco g2 triggers.. tapco is good dont get me wrong, if you dremel the hammer so your bolt doesn't get sticky...imo you can get better triggers at a fraction of the price.. I picked up mine for like 6 bucks, and the import steel is better quality than the us stuff you can just tell by comparing.
People don't install US FCGs because they think that they're better, they install them for 922(r) compliance. Otherwise, everyone would just use OEM FCGs.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the 922r part. for sure. Im just suggesting people try something different if they can without risking 922r.. lol hope I didn't come off the wrong way... So does 922r apply only to importation or for us on the consumer level as well? I was always too paranoid to risk it and made sure I had the same amount of u.s parts that my rifle came with.. would be nice if It turned out to be otherwise.. I think im going to have a chat with the atf on the matter when I apply for my sbr :goof: :banana:

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
922 aplies to a frign made non sporting rifle. Im not sure how else to phrase that. If you have a Saiga youre fine, no 922 needed. If you want your Saiga to look like an AK you'll need to play with 922.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arik said:
922 aplies to a frign made non sporting rifle. Im not sure how else to phrase that. If you have a Saiga youre fine, no 922 needed. If you want your Saiga to look like an AK you'll need to play with 922.

dam so you really have to follow 922r if you want to convert a saiga!!!!!!?????? even if you got it here in the us ? this sounds like some serious bs(not your quote.. but the 922r law), Im sure there are alot of threads about this.. but you gotta be kidding me... say I had a bulgarian barrel I plan to build.. does that have to be built to 922 if im doing it in my own home on us soil? Jeeze this law really makes no sense to me at all.. I see no benefit besides maybe the u.s profit on cheap parts that we are now REQUIRED to have.. lol no wonder there is so much tax in the firearm world

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Digitalshadow said:
Arik said:

dam so you really have to follow 922r if you want to convert a saiga!!!!!!?????? even if you got it here in the us ? this sounds like some serious bs(not your quote.. but the 922r law), Im sure there are alot of threads about this.. but you gotta be kidding me... say I had a bulgarian barrel I plan to build.. does that have to be built to 922 if im doing it in my own home on us soil? Jeeze this law really makes no sense to me at all.. I see no benefit besides maybe the u.s profit on cheap parts that we are now REQUIRED to have.. lol no wonder there is so much tax in the firearm world
How old are you?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Arik said:
922 aplies to a frign made non sporting rifle.
It applies to all "non-sporting" rifles. An AR15 that was "made in the USA" can't be manufactured with more than 10 imported parts either.

Digitalshadow said:
I see no benefit besides maybe the u.s profit on cheap parts that we are now REQUIRED to have.. lol no wonder there is so much tax in the firearm world
Now required to have? It's been the law since 1989.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
922 (r) ?

I know this is really a silly question, but what happens to people who violate that law? is it like an automatic felony? does it make you a terrorist? lol sorry to ask, I doubt ill get a reply but I haven't able to ever get that figured out. Thats why all my rifles of import origin have tons of us parts on them... I heard it was that import rifles can only have ten import parts.. is that how it works? I want to ask the atf but honestly I'm kinda scared to come off as ignorant.. especially if im applying for an sbr. Been surfing this forum for a long time so i figured it was time I join the bandwagon lol, as a guest I have to thank this sight for helping provide so much information.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
If you as a end user have the BATF counting the compliance parts on your rifle you have likely done some other serious shit and they are gonna hit you with the added 922r violation.....anybody ever heard of a Bubba (not a builder or importer) being charged with 992r parts count violation....I never have.

I make sure my stuff is in compliance as it is easy and really is not that costly.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Understand you're new to Twitter, it's not like Facebook thankfully. I've replaced my newspaper by following various media outlets around the world. While I know news is a bullshit cocktail, still such a junkie for it.

Got nuthin' on 922r.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
[/quote]

How old are you?[/quote]

Im 22 years old .. switched from ar to Ak platforms about a year ago. So ignorant I am a bit in regards to most of the laws surrounding Imported rifles and Akm.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sbr? accuracy?

BadBrad said:
If you as a end user have the BATF counting the compliance parts on your rifle you have likely done some other serious shit and they are gonna hit you with the added 922r violation.....anybody ever heard of a Bubba (not a builder or importer) being charged with 992r parts count violation....I never have.

I make sure my stuff is in compliance as it is easy and really is not that costly.
I dig . .. im getting some amazing groups with this rifle... kinda nervous that if I take off four inches of barrel my groups might not be the same... any of you have experience in this? right now im really amazed by the accuracy and honestly after a thousand rounds of precision... I'm becoming hesitant.. but I want the sbr so bad.. I understand how stupid this sounds having a rifle thats meant to be sbr and all... But thats why I joined this sight, to ask people who have already walked those paths lol.

Here is one of my best five shot groups at 70 yards.. .. I cant say enough how impressive this rifles accuracy is!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sbr? accuracy?

BadBrad said:

I dig . .. im getting some amazing groups with this rifle... kinda nervous that if I take off four inches of barrel my groups might not be the same... any of you have experience in this? right now im really amazed by the accuracy and honestly after a thousand rounds of precision... I'm becoming hesitant.. but I want the sbr so bad.. I understand how stupid this sounds having a rifle thats meant to be sbr and all... But thats why I joined this sight, to ask people who have already walked those paths lol.
https://twitter.com/JamesBooth5/status/ ... 57/photo/1

Here is one of my best five shot groups at 70 yards.. .. I cant say enough how impressive this rifles accuracy is!! https://twitter.com/JamesBooth5/status/ ... 57/photo/1

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How old are you?[/quote]

Im 22 years old .. switched from ar to Ak platforms about a year ago. So ignorant I am a bit in regards to most of the laws surrounding Imported rifles and Akm.

lol I did sound pretty immature in that post though.

But I have made sure I have the same number of import parts on this rifle.. the last thing I would ever want to do is risk breaking any firearm law. :beer:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
If you think the gun has uniquely superior accuracy shooting readily available ammo, then I wouldn't mess with it. Usually cutting and recrowning doesn't pose a problem, but I think it would be kind of crazy to assume that any 7.62 AK is going to shoot MOA after a hypothetical cut and recrown job. You could expect 2-5 MOA, but I wouldn't bet on something better than that. The twist rate on 12.5 in barrels is supposed to be different, as well, which doesn't bode well for exceptional accuracy after the chop, but practically, I don't know how much it matters, and if it did, it would probably vary by bullet type, as it probably does for your gun right now where this one Tulammo bullet type, for whatever reason, works very well, but others might not.

If you are making the switch to AKs and want to learn about your rifle, you have come to the right place, but everything known doesn't get rehashed every day, so spend a lot of time searching and reading old threads. Also, when you post, you can edit one post rather than quadruple posting.

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
If you can hold 65% or better with your shots on a 19 inch target at 300M, your doing very well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts