AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of a 1.6 m Arsenal for a Polish underfolder receiver? I know the trunions need to be 'shaved' slightly.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I know a guy that has one.

It is very nice, but like you said, the trunnions have to be thinned.

Other than that, it will make a very robust rifle.

One thing to consider, if you are not particularly anal about correctness, you could use a Yugo UF rear trunnion and just have the front thinned down, though would savce a bit of money and time.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Z_recto said:
I know a guy that has one.

It is very nice, but like you said, the trunnions have to be thinned.

Other than that, it will make a very robust rifle.

One thing to consider, if you are not particularly anal about correctness, you could use a Yugo UF rear trunnion and just have the front thinned down, though would savce a bit of money and time.
Hmm. I think I'll just pay global to thin the trunnions. If I go with the Yugo - I'll always know its yugo and not polish :mrgreen:

·
Registered
89 Posts
it seems there is allot of handfitting. i know the one i saw duke build had ALLOT of hand fiting not just on thr rear trunnion, it almost seemed like every part had to be hand fitted. i know that wrong but it sure seemed that.

is the 1.6 needed? the 3 i have being built up are on 1.0.

Ronald

·
Registered
186 Posts
TravisAasen said:
What do you guys think of a 1.6 m Arsenal for a Polish underfolder receiver? I know the trunions need to be 'shaved' slightly.

Thoughts?
Hi Travis,

I had a Polish UF trunnion thinned for a 1.6 by Global, but I ended up using a fixed stock on the gun. I'll trade you straight up for your unthinned trunnion if you plan on using the 1.6.

Schulze

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Schulze said:
TravisAasen said:

Thoughts?
Hi Travis,

I had a Polish UF trunnion thinned for a 1.6 by Global, but I ended up using a fixed stock on the gun. I'll trade you straight up for your unthinned trunnion if you plan on using the 1.6.

Schulze
Sounds like a deal to me. :wink:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oh, me too. Do you know how hard it is to find someone doing a 1.6 UF build? I've had this thing for two and a half years!

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Schulze said:
Oh, me too. Do you know how hard it is to find someone doing a 1.6 UF build? I've had this thing for two and a half years!
I'm pretty sure JNEWT does them :wink: ..maybe he'll swing by and comment here.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glen Riddle from Magnum Gunsmithing just emailed me that he does 1.6 polish underfolder builds. :wink: He built my Tantal and did a A+++ job on it. He prefers we send with narrowed trunions, if not he can get them done locally.

Here is the tantal he did for me.
:twisted:

·
Registered
431 Posts
A 1.6mm Polish UF build is pretty easy to do, if you are patient. You can, I have done the trunnions with bench grinders, angle grinders, hand files, the works. The Upper rails are the ones that will try your paitence. But they are nice to shoot when done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts