AKT-98, RPK 22
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AKT-98, RPK 22

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

AKT-98, RPK 22

Just a heads up for anyone looking for an AKT-98. There are a couple of AKT-98's up for sale on gunbroker and one RPK 22. The price is sky high on the RPK 22 but it looks new and is the rarest of the Cugir 22 AK's. I'm glad I bought mine when I did.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Saw one of the rpks at a gunshow last yr they wanted 350-400 as i remember but i passed on it as i wasnt sure what it was (hadnt ever seen one) and wasnt sure if there were any mags for it. Now i know i should have bought it lol.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Last February I ordered a AES 10B, the dealer called me and said it was in (he never opened the box) Well I opend it and it was a .22 version at the time I didnt see the need, wish I would have kept it......
    "With the ending of the NVA . . . went the last true German Army."

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ak47dennis
    Last February I ordered a AES 10B, the dealer called me and said it was in (he never opened the box) Well I opend it and it was a .22 version at the time I didnt see the need, wish I would have kept it......
    No offense, but I can't think of anything more useless than a .22 caliber version of the RPK. I understand the collectible value of the thing, but the entire concept has me scratching my head a little. It's like giving US DVD's to the British prime minister, your heart is in the right place, but what were you thinking?!? Although it's not as bad as the Century AMD-65 abortion I saw earlier with Romy hand grips and a bent barrel.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    496 times
    It's a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot and you can outfit them as whatever you want, laminated wood, plum, you name it.
    Instead of telling each other how bad the situation is why not take 2 minutes of your life and tell our elected officials instead? www.congress.org

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davehal9000
    It's a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot and you can outfit them as whatever you want, laminated wood, plum, you name it.
    Well I get that it's cheaper to shoot, but it's a $600 gun right now (at least on gun broker it is)... Even before it wasn't as cheap as a Ruger 10/22. If you want something to shoot cheap, you might as well just go with a 10/22... it's almost as cheap as you can get and there are plenty of mods out there for it, more than you can find for the RPK-22... Although, I suppose that you can't put the 1PN34 on a ruger 10/22 and have it look right... whereas it would look right at home on the RPK-22.

I'm not one to argue... If you want an RPK-22 then knock yourself out! I am sure it's a fun gun to shoot.

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    I was lucky enough to pick one up cheap a few months back. The one on the Broker right now has a buy it now for 800. More than double what I paid for mine and mine was never fired. I only got it to add to my collection of WASR/AKT 22's. Im still looking for an East German MPI 69 22 AK.
    JOHN STOSSEL "Yeah, you can CALL the police. And they WILL come. And they WILL take pictures of your dead body. The FIRST line of defense is YOU."

Member #
    Liked
    334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Markp
    Quote Originally Posted by davehal9000
    Well I get that it's cheaper to shoot, but it's a $600 gun right now (at least on gun broker it is)... Even before it wasn't as cheap as a Ruger 10/22. If you want something to shoot cheap, you might as well just go with a 10/22... it's almost as cheap as you can get and there are plenty of mods out there for it, more than you can find for the RPK-22... Although, I suppose that you can't put the 1PN34 on a ruger 10/22 and have it look right... whereas it would look right at home on the RPK-22.

I'm not one to argue... If you want an RPK-22 then knock yourself out! I am sure it's a fun gun to shoot.
    We are only looking at them as 22 rifles. To see its true worth one has to look at them for what they were designed for and that was as a cheap training device for the actual RPK for Romania and other Warsaw Pact countries. Then you have to look at the availability to determine its worth as there is not that many of them here.

With todays political climate the chance of more coming in is NOT good also!

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Quote Originally Posted by offrdmania
    I was lucky enough to pick one up cheap a few months back. The one on the Broker right now has a buy it now for 800. More than double what I paid for mine and mine was never fired. I only got it to add to my collection of WASR/AKT 22's. Im still looking for an East German MPI 69 22 AK.
    Does SOG have the EG kits still ? and they are prolly more pricy than even the ungodly price the kits used to be ?? (More than WASR 22's were OTD)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe
    Does SOG have the EG kits still ? and they are prolly more pricy than even the ungodly price the kits used to be ?? (More than WASR 22's were OTD)
    When did SOG have kk MPI-69's !! I have aprox. $600 in mine and I still need 2-3 parts
    "With the ending of the NVA . . . went the last true German Army."

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ak47dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe
    When did SOG have kk MPI-69's !! I have aprox. $600 in mine and I still need 2-3 parts
    This may help http://www.e-gunparts.com/productsch...el=1452zMPI-69

And this http://aa-ok.com/sections/168-ak-22-...-german-mpi-69
    JOHN STOSSEL "Yeah, you can CALL the police. And they WILL come. And they WILL take pictures of your dead body. The FIRST line of defense is YOU."

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Are these mechanically the same as WASR22s and AKT98s? I see they have hammer springs and extractors. Are mags compatible?

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    The mags used in the MPI-69 are not compatible with the AKT98 or WASR22 if that is what your asking

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, that was the question. 15 rounders are $13.99 at Numrich, in the steel 30rd shell. Less in 10 lots.

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frog5215
    Yeah, that was the question. 15 rounders are $13.99 at Numrich, in the steel 30rd shell. Less in 10 lots.
    The feed ramp on the mag is way too tall. You may be able to somehow modify it but I think it would be too much hassle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors