Post your recipes with pics!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RustySnake

Thread: Post your recipes with pics!

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    First I want to thank “Scottyb” for making a bread thread cause that inspired me to make this one. But if you have bread recipies let’s keep it under his thread, bread is in and of itself, amazing!

This thread is for everything else food, cooking, baking, grilling, smoking, frying. It’s whatev as long as it’s edible. (Or sometimes not) fails are welcome, tips and tricks are welcome also. Please try to post the recipies or links to them for others to know and try. So I’ll start with what I made tonight.

BA-CORN!!!!
    https://youtu.be/bSdLdq9AOb0

Mind the guys pronunciation skills.....gets annoying. I put fresh jalepenos in mine cause well who doesn’t like hot peppers? Lol this stuff is heart attack heaven....

I misspelled “recipies” in the title.🤯 Mod fix that please! Thanks
    Last edited by RustySnake; 07-09-2019 at 12:47 AM.
    Fiorentino and scottyb like this.

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Spaghetti meat sauce

This is a family recipie, take it as is or change it up a bit.

First take your tomato juice and dump that shit in a big pot (I use a Dutch oven) bring it to a boil on LOW HEAT. This whole recipie requires LOW HEAT or youíll burn the shit out of the tomato sauce and fuck shit up. Next put in your herbs and spices, stir it up slowly. Next add the garlic and brown sugar and let It caramelize for five minutes, stiring freaquently but slow. Once it is back up to a boil add your meat. (I have made this with 1/3 veal, 1/3 pork, 1/3 beef...it came out about the same but not as good as just using beef) Once the meat is tender, I like to use a potato masher to mash the meat into smaller bits. Add your onion, and a cup of water. Put your lid on with a little crack for steam to vent out, and let that shit simmer for a good 3-4 hours stirring every 45min or so. If itís approaching dinner time and itís to watery take your fuckin lid off and turn up the heat very slightly while stirring often to boil the liquid out. I like my sauce thick just like the ladies so I boil it down. Once it cools a bit it thickens up also. BAM!! Thatís it, Iím not explained how to boil pasta....so there you go. Fuckin homemade Italian spagetti sauce.
    Last edited by RustySnake; 07-11-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    8170 times
    Pork belly

Buy some pork belly with a good ratio of meat and fat. You don't want it to be mostly fat. Preheat (bake) oven to 170į. Meanwhile season the pork belly with salt, pepper, paprika or whatever floats your boat. Wrap it in parchment paper then foil and then another layer of foil. Put it in the oven for 5 hours. Take it out and let cool to room temp, then stick it in the fridge overnight. Next day unwrap the pork belly and heat up a skillet to mid/high using the fat from the pork that had hardened. Cut to 4-6 large size pieces and put on the skillet just long enough to brown on all sides. Enjoy with beer!

Unfortunately the second pic doesn't do it justice

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    814 times
    I made this and a few more tonight
    IMG_6094.jpeg

DOUGH
    1.5 cups of water
    4 cups flour
    1 tsp yeast
    2 tsp sugar
    0.3 cups olive oil

Mix water sugar and yeast for 10 min then add the knead up and divide into a few equal balls and let rise in fridge overnight

SAUCE
    1 28oz can of San Marzano tomatoes (just the tomatoes and not the fluid around them)
    1 – 2 tbsp of tomato paste
    0.3 cups olive oil
    1 tbsp oregano
    1 tbsp fresh chopped basil

Puree

Mix and let chill overnight

Get your pizza stone or your cast iron skillet as hot as your oven gets
    Spread ur doe, add ur sauce, add ur desired amount of pecorino romano and whole milk mozzarella

Toss in oven till cheese turn dark brown

(recipes adapted from several on the internet and a few books I have on some dough making)

Sponsors