The AK Forum

It's official, the Navy has gone full retard

Thread: It's official, the Navy has gone full retard

Tags: None

Pookie said:

It's official, the Navy has gone full retard

My apologies if this is nothing new to you, but in the 7 years I have been in the Navy, I have never been so confused, nor have I seen anything so fucking stupid. I just received an email notifying me that I was delinquent in training.

What kind of training you ask? Oh you know, really important stuff like racquetball etiquette, softball, football, bicycle riding, power tool safety, and more. My mind is blown that some asshole thought that this was a good idea. I'm even more dumbfounded that someone approved it for distribution. No wonder we haven't won a war since forever. We waste man hours and money on fucking mandatory racquetball etiquette.

For fucks sake, I can't take this shit.

ltdan541 said:
    Perhaps this is what officers know differently from enlisted? Is this an opportunity rather than punishment?

twobyfour said:
    You must not have anything to do if you are complaining about some bs gmt. Wish I had your problems.

scottyb said:
    Its been going on longer than you know. Back when I was getting out they were bringing women on to combat ships.

They all ended up cum buckets and pockets full of cash on pay day, then preggo a few months later.

Yeah, that was a great idea.

On the base where I work as a civilian for army DOD I noticed a flyer few months ago it was gay and lesbian celebration month.
    needs moar AK

or beer

5. YankeeZulu said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

...I just received an email notifying me that I was delinquent in training.

What kind of training you ask? Oh you know, really important stuff like racquetball etiquette, softball, football, bicycle riding, power tool safety, and more. My mind is blown that some asshole thought that this was a good idea. I'm even more dumbfounded that someone approved it for distribution. No wonder we haven't won a war since forever. We waste man hours and money on fucking mandatory racquetball etiquette.
    Wow. That's like "Army stupid."
    Last edited by YankeeZulu; 05-21-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Pookie said:
    Quote Originally Posted by twobyfour View Post
    You must not have anything to do if you are complaining about some bs gmt. Wish I had your problems.
    Who gives a shit if I have nothing to do or not, would you like an award or some other form recognition for your calander being full?

Those delinquent trainings are fucking stupid, and deserved to be shared for a laugh or two. Sorry Mr. Important, I won't have fun on the internet anymore because your hardships may or may not outweigh mine.

maus45 said:
    At least your not bunking with a Trans.. Or having to go to NTC (Ft. Irwin) for a rotation. That's something to really bitch about.
    Think Happy thoughts. Like your next liberty in the Philippines with a months pay and a gallon of Crisco vegetable oil.
    Last edited by maus45; 05-21-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Indykid said:
    I have a good friend that is deployed on a submarine. I wonder how they play any of those sports on his boat?

Please tell me this was a poor April fools joke.

will36 said:
    When I went into the Navy I was going to be on a sub. Had to have security clearance. I filled out the paper work listing all the people they wanted names of. Two of them had mob ties in New Orleans and it got kicked out. I was freaking out. No problem the petty officer said..........We will just fill out another one and you leave those two off. Really and that changes my ties with those family members?? It went down hill from there. Went thru Great lakes got ready for my first school. Opps its full. You have to be a Gas turbine mechanic now. Still be enlisted for 6 years and A E2 when you come out of school not an E4. I said yeah F you too. Got a lawyer spent 9 weeks Back @ Great lakes waiting on my dd214. Got a bus ticket and this cool key chain tag for my troubles. 010.JPG

twobyfour said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Who gives a shit if I have nothing to do or not, would you like an award or some other form recognition for your calander being full?<br>
    <br>
    Those delinquent trainings are fucking stupid, and deserved to be shared for a laugh or two. Sorry Mr. Important, I won't have fun on the internet anymore because your hardships may or may not outweigh mine.
    <br>
    <br>
    Wasnít intentionally throwing poo but judging by your response you obviously have something to prove. You havenít been in the Navy long enough to understand the true meaning of bullshit but hey Iím just some internet troll I guess. Enjoy your training there scooter.

Also, the internet isnít the place to air out your dirty laundry with regards to your current employer. Just sayin...
    Last edited by twobyfour; 05-21-2019 at 03:35 PM.

fastreb said:
    When I was in, I always believed that there was an office in the Pentagon, maybe off one of the corridors and just tucked back in a corner somewhere. In my mind, there were only four desks inside...one for every service. I could just see it...an officer from every service whose only job in the military was to come up with more and more stupid s*** for the troops to do, who would proudly pass on his newest idea for some flag officer to sign off on. Glad I'm retired now. Just hang on, OP, and try to be that wall that shields your troops from the worst of it. Nowadays, that's about the best an NCO can do.

12. YankeeZulu said:
    Those desks do in fact exist in the Army, but they're just at Brigade level and it's 3 or 4 BC's that sit around inventing all that maddening stupid shit. There's also a dedicated academic dept at West Point that just develops and trains O's to come up the most retarded fucking shit they possibly can. I'm told that there's an inter-service competition at the various academies as well to see who can come up with the absolute mind-numbingly dumbest ideas in all the military.

Your tax dollars at work.

dixy2k said:
    I guess the idea behind this important training is bonding. But I really doubt the intended effect will actually take place.
    Building up camaraderie and a team spirit is important, but... really? This way?

Kalliste said:
    Well... when I was in the Officer Training Corps at University in Scotland, Scottish Country Dancing was part of the curriculum... so we were practicing the Gay Gordons quite regularly at training...
    https://vimeo.com/89897876
    ...surely you can see how that would have put the fear in the Russian hordes as the Motor Rifle Regiments poured into the Fulda Gap..
    It was pity stayed his hand. `Pity I don't have any more bullets,' thought Frito.
    -- Harvard Lampoon, "Bored of the Rings"

fastreb said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalliste View Post
    Well... when I was in the Officer Training Corps at University in Scotland, Scottish Country Dancing was part of the curriculum... so we were practicing the Gay Gordons quite regularly at training...
    https://vimeo.com/89897876
    ...surely you can see how that would have put the fear in the Russian hordes as the Motor Rifle Regiments poured into the Fulda Gap..
    I certainly can. I don't know about the Russkies but I would be very afraid that I would loose my mind if I had to listen to that music for more than 10 seconds and I'd use a whole belt from a PKM on whoever was playing it.