The stupidest question you were ever asked in the military?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The stupidest question you were ever asked in the military?

Member #
    Liked
    198 times

The stupidest question you were ever asked in the military?

I can't recall exactly what I was doing, but most likely I was headed topside to smoke while underway. I don't know the guys name but he stopped me and asked, "How do we breath out here?". The poor bastard must've saw the confused look on my face and he instantly chimed in, "Well there ain't no trees out here on the ocean". I couldn't believe my fucking ears. This guy was a STG2, so it's not like he was sleep deprived, or out of his mind. I honestly didn't know what to say. I just briefly stopped, laughed, and kept it moving. The guy eventually got kicked out for alcohol related incidents, surprise surprise. I'm certain he was not under the influence at the time of question.
    otus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Boot camp 1990. USMC MCRD San Diego. I am from Oklahoma, guy from Michigan asked if we took a horse and wagon to school.
    otus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by treyak View Post
    Boot camp 1990. USMC MCRD San Diego. I am from Oklahoma, guy from Michigan asked if we took a horse and wagon to school.
    Lol but he was from Oklahoma!! The military sure does have some colorful people in it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1998 times
    Everybody knows people from Oklahoma! ride in the surrey with the fringe on top.
    scottyb, btr and otus like this.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3260 times
    They don't smoke marijuana or take their trips on LSD., they don't burn their flags on main street., and white lightning's still the biggest thrill of all.

Member #
    Liked
    2657 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I can't recall exactly what I was doing, but most likely I was headed topside to smoke while underway. I don't know the guys name but he stopped me and asked, "How do we breath out here?". The poor bastard must've saw the confused look on my face and he instantly chimed in, "Well there ain't no trees out here on the ocean". I couldn't believe my fucking ears. This guy was a STG2, so it's not like he was sleep deprived, or out of his mind. I honestly didn't know what to say. I just briefly stopped, laughed, and kept it moving. The guy eventually got kicked out for alcohol related incidents, surprise surprise. I'm certain he was not under the influence at the time of question.
    If you were on a submarine that would make sense.

Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    I can't single out one but I'm still trying to put 5 years worth behind me. All I can say is within the Army idiocy and mediocrity permeate. I met a lot of wise folks but they were few and far between and were never fully in charge of anything (Sr NCOs). Sadly I think our military just attracts these people on way or another, recruiters promising free money and a plane ticket out of town is just how it works.
    otus and JeepFan like this.
    "Quite an experience to live in fear isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement."

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    It was so long age I don't remember .
    "Since the defense of our states and our country contemplates the militia fighting against organized armies of regular soldiers, then the argument of the gun-grabbers that regular citizens don't need assault weapons of the types designed for military use is clearly nonsense." The Liberty Tree

Member #
    Liked
    4764 times
    Not military but recently the new Director of DPW asked me what we did with the electricity after the generators went off line and also where the brakes were.

For reference they are stationary V16 locomotive GE generators that when running produce 4160V 2Megs each X 4.

This guy is in charge and dumber than a bag of hammers.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Not military but recently the new Director of DPW asked me what we did with the electricity after the generators went off line and also where the brakes were.

For reference they are stationary V16 locomotive GE generators that when running produce 4160V 2Megs each X 4.

This guy is in charge and dumber than a bag of hammers.
    Sounds like DPW management to me all right. If brown comes out when the man sneezes then you have a clue as to how he's in the position.
    scottyb likes this.
    "Quite an experience to live in fear isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave."
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement."

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnodawayitustabe View Post
    I can't single out one but I'm still trying to put 5 years worth behind me. All I can say is within the Army idiocy and mediocrity permeate. I met a lot of wise folks but they were few and far between and were never fully in charge of anything (Sr NCOs). Sadly I think our military just attracts these people on way or another, recruiters promising free money and a plane ticket out of town is just how it works.
    I left active and currently reside in the reserves. The reserves blows in a lot of ways, but all the shitbags and retards you would find in active don't exist for the most part. I don't like being in the reserves but the majority of people seem to be pretty decent.
    Itsnodawayitustabe likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Basic training 1985, had a guy ask where I was from. Told him Spokane Washington. He relies "you guys are still fighting the indians"!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsnodawayitustabe View Post
    All I can say is within the Army idiocy and mediocrity permeate. I met a lot of wise folks but they were few and far between and were never fully in charge of anything (Sr NCOs). Sadly I think our military just attracts these people on way or another, recruiters promising free money and a plane ticket out of town is just how it works.
    Spot on. All that, and the fact that the Army prides itself on fucking it's people over at every chance. The other branches don't seem to be near as bad. If I could do it all over again I'd've joined the Coast Guard.
    Vlado likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeZulu View Post
    Spot on. All that, and the fact that the Army prides itself on fucking it's people over at every chance. The other branches don't seem to be near as bad. If I could do it all over again I'd've joined the Coast Guard.
    The Army was my third choice, not by choice.

Member #
    Liked
    4764 times
    The Navy is famous for eating its own, in my experience anything that went wrong the officers looked for an enlisted scape goat.

It seemed it was the only thing they knew how to do.
    Itsnodawayitustabe likes this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors