Question for otgher Army guys . . . .
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Question for otgher Army guys . . . .

Member #
    Liked
    82 times

Question for otgher Army guys . . . .

I was wondering if what this plate means is obvious to other army guys. This is my new license plate for my 1971 BMW R75/5 motorcycle, which I have owned since new.

V11Bplate_zpslejplybq.jpg

-Don- Reno, NV

Member #
    Liked
    259 times
    11 bravo, Infantry MOS?

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Veteran 11 Bravo, Infantry

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1170 times
    Clear to me, Infantry
    God Bless our troops, especially our Snipers!

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dabondsan View Post
    Veteran 11 Bravo, Infantry
    I guess it wasn't that clear. You're right about the MOS, but not the "V". The problem is that it was supposed to be a motorcycle plate and they only allow me to pick a total of four letters or digits.

However, by mistake, they sent me two large car plates instead of a single small motorcycle plate. On a car plate, they allow five characters/digits. I discovered that this large car plate fits fine on my motorcycle with an adapter plate I made. And I was told that the cops don't care about the plate size. So I will have a large plate with V11B.

But I was hoping the "V" would be more obvious for what it stands for.

It would have been clearer if I could have added that extra letter. And I could have, if I knew I would get a car plate by mistake.

-Don- Reno, NV
    Last edited by DonTom; 02-02-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    11 Bravo Infantry veteran? Me. A Company 1st Battalion 1st Infantry Brigade summer graduating class US Army Infantry school 1986.

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3678 times
    In Ohio the Motorcycle plates are offered for special order (vanity etc) but I do not pay the extra for that.
    You can get a veteran marking for free., but it just says 'VET'., I was in the parking lot of a grocery store and a women asked me " are you Veterinarian"., I guess I looked quizzical in answering "no". Oh., she says I saw the "VET" on your motorcycle plates and thought..., . I explained the reference to her.
    Our car plates are free for Purple Heart, Medal of Honor and POW. But only one vehicle and not a motorcycle.

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    Vietnam 11 Bravo?
    A hard time is always free!

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by XSAPPER View Post
    Vietnam 11 Bravo?
    Yeah, but I guess it wasn't as clear as I thought as that didn't seem to be anybody's first guess. If I could have known that I would get a large plate, it could have been "VN11B", which would have been clearer.

But if I could get six letters, it would have been "RVN11B" which would be even a better match for the army. Orders for Vietnam always said "RVN" (Republic Vietnam).

Now I am wondering if "N11B" for "Nam-11B" would have been clearer. If V11B was taken, I would have tried for N11B. But I got my first choice, at least for the four characters max on a cycle plate.

But I am kinda glad I got a car plate for my cycle, as long as every cop who sees it doesn't stop me. If I find that happens too much, I will return the plate to NV DMV and ask for a cycle plate with the same "V11B".

-Don- Reno, NV

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3678 times
    I did not get the connection of the 'V' but I probably would not get the 'N' reference either. Now RVN.,I get it.
    Welcome home.., fellow 11B here., A Co, 2nd Bat, 22nd Reg, 25th Infantry Dv.

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBLUE View Post
    I did not get the connection of the 'V' but I probably would not get the 'N' reference either. Now RVN.,I get it.
    Yeah, but I guess that "V11B" is the best I can do with just four spaces. But I wonder if I could have asked for a car plate (as I got by DMV's mistake anyway) with "VN11B", Which would be a lot clearer. The "RVN11B" is one letter over the limit on any NV Vet plate.
    Welcome home.., fellow 11B here., A Co, 2nd Bat, 22nd Reg, 25th Infantry Dv.
    Same to you. I mainly served the Central Highland Jungles between or near An Khe & Pleiku, but also was in the 1970 Cambodia incursion.

B-3-8, 4TH Div.

-Don- Reno, NV

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    In Ohio the Motorcycle plates are offered for special order (vanity etc) but I do not pay the extra for that.
    You can get a veteran marking for free., but it just says 'VET'., I was in the parking lot of a grocery store and a women asked me " are you Veterinarian"., I guess I looked quizzical in answering "no". Oh., she says I saw the "VET" on your motorcycle plates and thought..., . I explained the reference to her.
    Our car plates are free for Purple Heart, Medal of Honor and POW. But only one vehicle and not a motorcycle.
    Here, there is an added $30.00 yearly fee even to renew a Vet plate, but all the money goes to some type of program to support some type of NV state Vet program.

IIRC, that fee is waved for disabled vet plates. Perhaps for some others too.

Here in Nevada, it says "Veteran" even on driver's licenses, as long as the NV DMV gets a copy of your DD214. I have it on my driver's license, but it's in small print and one would have to know to look for it to even notice such. But there is no added fee for that.

-Don- Reno, NV

Technical Advisor

Member #
    Liked
    3678 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DonTom View Post
    Yeah, but I guess that "V11B" is the best I can do with just four spaces. But I wonder if I could have asked for a car plate (as I got by DMV's mistake anyway) with "VN11B", Which would be a lot clearer. The "RVN11B" is one letter over the limit on any NV Vet plate.Same to you. I mainly served the Central Highland Jungles between or near An Khe & Pleiku, but also was in the 1970 Cambodia incursion.

B-3-8, 4TH Div.

-Don- Reno, NV
    Yes., we crossed over into Cambodia crossing the Rach Cai Bac River along with other Mechanized units of the 1st of the 5th Mech and 3/4 Cav. around May 9, 1970 +/-. In Mechanized Infantry we moved a lot and usually stayed in the field for 45 days at a stretch. Though it depended on the mission. Anything from RIF to Artillery Fire Support Base security or reaction to activity with other units etc. Cambodia was a trip of pretty much activity.

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    ah I get it now.

A J

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    If I saw this for the first time, I'd think it was an 11B infantry guy who earned a V device - probably on a bronze star.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors