Polish Lynx AK 47 Pistol Review and Modifications
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Polish Lynx AK 47 Pistol Review and Modifications

Member #
    Liked
    46 times

I have not been on the forum in some time. I was looking at reviews of the new Polish Lynx AK 47 Pistol and did not see a ton of information out there yet. I figured I would share my experience with Atlantic Firearms and this particular gun. For starters, I contacted Atlantic and asked if they could measure the gas piston from one of their guns. I wanted to suppress this gun and needed to know if there was comparability between other AK47 pistons. Atlantic was quick to reply and tell me that the piston had the same working length and hole distance as the Yugo M92. I decided that this gun should soot my needs.

I ordered the gun and received it at my FFL in less than a week. I was happy with the quick turnaround time. The overall finish on the gun is nice. The machining and rivets look good compared to a Draco.

Going into this project, I knew I wanted to put a pistol brace on the gun. I read on the AK Files that the rear trunnion could be drilled and tapped. I was not familiar with the Polish underfolder trunnion. I was kind of surprised when I looked int the back of the receiver and saw the two big spot welds. The Polish trunnion is made up of 4 separate pieces of metal welded together. In addition the plate at the back of the trunnion is not that thick. I was a little discouraged at first. There is not a lot of room to drill and tap for two 10-32 screws to attached a StormWerkz AR stock folding mechanism. I have installed one of these on my Draco and really like them. The Draco rear trunnion is one piece and the back of the trunnion allows for more threads when tapping the 10-32 holes.

I decided to try and drill and tap the back of the trunnion on the Lynx. The one thing to note, the rear welds; top of the trunnion; and sides of the trunnion do not give you much room to drill and tap. Once I got it drilled, I found out that there is no room to put nuts on the back if you wanted. I then tapped the holes, but it only gave my two threads. I was pretty disappointed. I did some researching and found that StormWerkz makes a AK Pistol Stock Adapter Type 1. This unit requires you to drill one hole and bolt it through the inside of the receiver. I purchased this unit and drilled one hole. On thing to note is that the hole will cut into part of the spot welds. I had no problem with it though. I am very happy with the final out come of the StormWerkz adapter and hinge.

Moving to the gas piston. I purchased the KNS adjustable gas piston for a Yugo M92. Once I removed the piston, I found out that the working length was .020 longer. It had no negative impact on the install or functionality of the gun. The holes drilled from the factory bolt carrier were double drilled. I guess someone had a bad day, but it still works.

The doughnut that they install on the end of the barrel is spot welded with a big glob of weld. I wish it was smaller. i dremelled it off and took and open end wrench and took one big wack with the hammer to get it off. The pin for the sight block detent was tight and gave me fits. I sent the gun to Morgan at Class 3 Machining to have the barrel threaded concentric. He did a great job threading.

I am currently running a Dead Air Wolverine, but will probably put a Sandman on it in the future. The gun is pretty over gassed. I adjusted the KNS piston to max bleed off and it throws the spent cases 10 feet. With my Draco, at max adjustment, the gun short cycles.

Hope this information will help others interested in this gun.20180810_124714.jpg20180723_192549.jpg20180807_064406.jpg100_3045.JPG20180807_112452.jpg

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4596 times
    What an excellent write-up, good job!
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Member #
    Liked
    1161 times
    Thanks for sharing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1399 times
    my lynx had a much smaller tack weld on the muzzle 'doughnut'. I bought the latest version, which is already threaded underneath.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks, ordered from Arms of America and they couldn’t have been more helpful. Your post helped me with the stormwerkz so I appreciate your effort in helping others. Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Thank you for your review and thoughts with the WBP Lynx AK47 Pistol ! We hope to continue to expand the WBP Polish lines in the future.

ak47-pistol-lynx-tactical-wbp-21.jpg
    Wyo Wolverine and scottyb like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    833 times
    I’m really wanting one of those now !
    May Fortune find you worthy of itís company, and Death unable to find you at all....

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
    my lynx had a much smaller tack weld on the muzzle 'doughnut'. I bought the latest version, which is already threaded underneath.
    Nice to hear. That would have saved my around a $100. On the plus side, I had it professionally threaded concentric.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Just wondering do these have a cast trunion ?

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieBrown View Post
    Just wondering do these have a cast trunion ?
    When I bought mine it was advertised as forged. I would assume that still is the case.

Member #
    Liked
    183 times
    Yes ALL current WBP based items that are imported by AOA or sold by Atlantic Firearms are built using Forged barrel trunnions .

Member #
    Liked
    30 times

Hi can anyone help me decide how to mount a folding brace setup to the current WBP Lynx Tactical pistol? I do not want to use an AR buffer tube setup, I would like to use something more AK like the CNC Warrior and Bonesteel stuff. I also want a sling attachment on the back of the receiver, so Iím thinking to use the forked plate with the loop that goes under the grip. This is my first AK, but Iím able to drill/tap or whatever is necessary for the most solid setup. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercs View Post
    Hi can anyone help me decide how to mount a folding brace setup to the current WBP Lynx Tactical pistol? I do not want to use an AR buffer tube setup, I would like to use something more AK like the CNC Warrior and Bonesteel stuff. I also want a sling attachment on the back of the receiver, so Iím thinking to use the forked plate with the loop that goes under the grip. This is my first AK, but Iím able to drill/tap or whatever is necessary for the most solid setup. Thanks!

I am making one of my steel braces for a Lynx next week
    Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YUGO_Dave View Post
    I am making one of my steel braces for a Lynx next week
    What? Details?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sir do you know when you’ll be coming out with one of your braces for the Lynx/Minijack?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors