Zastava EZ9 contest winner - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Zastava EZ9 contest winner

Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    A friend found this mag is his stash and asked me if I wanted it. "CLAIMED!!!"

I don't own a Beretta but I do plan to add the CZ99 notch to the front of the mag.
    Turbo, 43m1garand and JoeMomma like this.
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

BTW - Keep your BFH away from my AK!

WTB Late East German 7.62 top cover and gas tube numbered 687.

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MPiKM-72 View Post

Extractor is part number 39. Shows to be in stock at $29.99.

https://zastavaarmsusa.com/product/pistol-cz-999-parts/
    Well damn. Thanks MPiKM. I remember checking out their site a while back and not finding anything on parts. Got to check that out, and maybe a few other parts.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Haris122 View Post
    Ironically the one type of ammo mine still worked somewhat reliably with was the gold dots. Wish they’d start selling the damn parts for them (as long as reasonably priced) so I can try a new extractor. Mine got to the point that it just wouldn’t extract for shit. Among some other problems.

Real shame, cause I got to liking the features of it. Very lefty friendly. Went as far as getting a rough cz-99 off gb, that I also liked but it too had problems. Not as bad but still serious reliability issues, so after some back and forth I returned that one. I got to liking their triggers quite a bit, and really liked the decocker. Felt pretty safe having one in the chamber with that thing.

Have you tried any steel cased stuff through yours? Mine hated that stuff even more.
    Bummer, most reports are that these are very reliable but as pointed out there are parts stateside now. How many rounds in did you see issues? No, I have not tried steel case ammo yet, only brass.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    Bummer, most reports are that these are very reliable but as pointed out there are parts stateside now. How many rounds in did you see issues? No, I have not tried steel case ammo yet, only brass.
    I had high hopes that they were really reliable, when I bought mine but then I got a rude awakening. I did buy it lightly used but it looked in very good condition. It would have issues right away with certain ammo. But as time went on even the stuff it used to work somewhat ok with, it began jamming with more and more. The used CZ-99 functioned much better with brass but some ammo it consistently failed to set off. Maybe it was something as simple as a new hammer spring on that one that I needed to remedy that part. But the other problem was in both guns shooting steel cased ammo out of them was a definite no-go. Using steel cased ammo made them the equivalent of bolt action pistols. At first I just figured that’s how most cheaper pistols are with steel cased ammo but then I bought a cheap ruger ec9s new and that thing has had no issues with steel cased stuff even though it cost a bit less than even the heavily used cz-99 I got. That really soured it for me. At least there’s light at the end of the tunnel now. I have my doubts that a new extractor will fix it all but I can at least give it a shot. Hope they sell the barrels at a reasonable price too, as parts (right now don’t see them available) cause I got a suspicion the bigger problem is with my chamber.

Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    I had high hopes that they were really reliable, when I bought mine but then I got a rude awakening. I did buy it lightly used but it looked in very good condition. It would have issues right away with certain ammo. But as time went on even the stuff it used to work somewhat ok with, it began jamming with more and more. The used CZ-99 functioned much better with brass but some ammo it consistently failed to set off. Maybe it was something as simple as a new hammer spring on that one that I needed to remedy that part. But the other problem was in both guns shooting steel cased ammo out of them was a definite no-go. Using steel cased ammo made them the equivalent of bolt action pistols. At first I just figured that’s how most cheaper pistols are with steel cased ammo but then I bought a cheap ruger ec9s new and that thing has had no issues with steel cased stuff even though it cost a bit less than even the heavily used cz-99 I got. That really soured it for me. At least there’s light at the end of the tunnel now. I have my doubts that a new extractor will fix it all but I can at least give it a shot. Hope they sell the barrels at a reasonable price too, as parts (right now don’t see them available) cause I got a suspicion the bigger problem is with my chamber.
    I'm not sure how the barrel could be the issue, but if you want a spare barrel JUMP on this! I've never seen individual barrels for sale before.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-...eid=4fceedfac0
    Constantly studying spots welds, mag well dimple shapes, center support rivet heads and selector markings for the last 12 years...

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Glad you showed me that. I jumped on it right away. That’s a real steal. 2nd time in barely a few days you led me to potential ez-99 salvation. You rule man.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    Glad you showed me that. I jumped on it right away. That’s a real steal. 2nd time in barely a few days you led me to potential ez-99 salvation. You rule man.

My pleasure and hope it helps.

I bought a barrel as well. I could not pass it up at that price - even for Centerfire. If I receive a nice barrel with no import marks on it I will trade out the barrel in my Cole's import that is importer marked on the barrel. Then mine would have no import marks!

Now if Zastava would only re-stock the recoil springs - part number 47. A friend needs one.

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Yeah thought of getting a new recoil spring as well since I clipped mine a little bit trying out different things to fix the reliability.

That would be a cool pistol, without any markings.
    Last edited by Haris122; 01-24-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Keep us updated on your (hopefully) progress 'Harris'. I'm tempted to buy that barrel just to have, thanks for the tip. As for part #47, they did stock the spring as I got one a few months ago. Hopefully there'll be a restock.

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Yeah I'll let you guys know how it works out. This is probably going to be my last attempt at fixing this thing. If a new extractor, barrel, and potentially recoil spring, don't do it, then I'm probably going to call it a lost cause.

Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    Centerfire has upped there game a bit. I was impressed with how quickly this barrel shipped at a "free shipping" level.

For under $25 delivered I have no complaints.

What I received appears to be a new EZ9 or CZ999 barrel. It drops right into my CZ99.

Centerfire barrel shown compared to my TDI import CZ99 barrel.

Font used on late 1980's early 1990's Zastava CZ99 pistols.

The new barrel has a different font. Not what I hoped for but no complaints.

Last edited by MPiKM-72; 01-29-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    Turbo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Great! Mine will be in today; I just had to get one at that price and there was only one left. Thanks again for the tip!!
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    Got my barrel yesterday and opened up; same story as above, really impressed with price/shipping and condition! I was a little concerned as the pic on the page shows what may be minor corrosion. Having got the last one I figured I may get the bottom of the barrel (pun) but not so. Thanks again for the tip! BTW, I noticed the price went up on out of stock page. It's OOS thanks to me and you

MPiKM-72 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    I got mine today as well. That was an amazing price for sure. I took the EZ-9 out for first time in over a year and went to the range. Mpikm’s hunch was right. The barrel was not the problem. After jamming twice within 12 rounds of Winchester NATO, I switched the old barrel out for the new one and that time it took less than 12 to jam twice. Oh well, the search continues. Extractor and maybe a few other parts are next in line.
    MPiKM-72 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7192 times
    Zastava restocked the CZ99, CZ999 and EZ9 recoil springs! $5 each!

I was concerned at first because the original spring is a single wire.

The new one is two wires "braided." Apparently they updated the design.

The good news is it FITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My best friend is going to be so happy to get his non-functional CZ99 working (recoil spring confirmed to be the issue).
    Last edited by MPiKM-72; 02-12-2020 at 10:07 AM.
    Turbo and JoeMomma like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors