would you rather have...?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: would you rather have...?

Member #
    Liked
    1021 times

would you rather have...?

If you could only choose one, which would it be... CZ-52 or a Tokarev? I was just kind of wondering what everyone's opinion is. I've got several CZ-52's, but no Tokarev's. I just love that 7.62x25 round.
    Moses1986 and Mullo98 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    973 times
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
    If you could only choose one, which would it be... CZ-52 or a Tokarev? I was just kind of wondering what everyone's opinion is. I've got several CZ-52's, but no Tokarev's. I just love that 7.62x25 round.
    I had a CZ-52 in Alaska, bought it from Soldotna Pawn for $100 complete with the pigskin holster, cleaning rod, and two magazines. Only place I could get rounds for it was in Anchorage, if I remember I think it was 75 round boxes for $8? That thing was surprisingly LOUD when I shot it:P and It's a little snappy but it was an joy to shoot "with ear protection".

All that said I would probably choose the Tokarev if I could do it again because it looks like it would feel more like an 1911 in the hand, and I don't believe they have that Firing pin issue the CZ-52 is prone too.

Just my two cents
    corpsman5 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1021 times
    back when I bought my CZ's, you could get 1,000 rounds of chinasports ammo for $90. (this was at a local gun shop) I think the pistols were $109 or $119 for hand-select. the firing pin thing is definitely an issue. I've never dry-fired one... always used the de-cocker. however, I think someone dry-fired one of mine while I wasn't watching, and broke the end off of the firing pin. I just replaced it with a titanium pin. it was simple. I've held Tokarev's, but never fired one. I would be curious to see how they shoot, and to see how easy they are to field strip.
    Mullo98 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    973 times
    I wish there were more ammo options for the 7.62x25 in Alaska, that's the only turn off of moving there is ammo Availability, I'm worried about the 5.45x39 situation. I would ship some up there before I make the move if it were an option but it's not
    corpsman5 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    326 times
    Tokarev only if it is a non safety version, otherwise cz 52.
    wingnut308 and JoeMomma like this.
    WTB: Russian beavertail AK74 magazine release

Member #
    Liked
    1021 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CGSteve View Post
    Tokarev only if it is a non safety version, otherwise cz 52.
    just out of curiosity, why the non-safety version?
    Mullo98 likes this.

Member #
    A dark, ruined castle in Transylvania. Otherwise known as Mississippi
    Liked
    776 times
    Toks never had safeties, in order for them to be imported. They must have safeties; so most toks have janky junk drilled and welded on to it. Very unreliable and might make it less safe to carry or fire. I’ll still pick a tok over a cz just because I know a little more about the tok.
    corpsman5 likes this.
    Interested in Middle Eastern, South Asian and Yugoslavian AKs and gear. “ Only a woman can break his spell...”

Member #
    Liked
    7695 times
    Tok. Feels less weird in my hand, push button mag release. The little safeties they put on in the late 90s I can overlook.
    corpsman5 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    16727 times
    TT-33 simply because they're more available and they don't have the firing pin issue the CZ-52s did. Back when the 52s were coming in, there were several places that had cheap but more durable firing pin replacements. Haven't seen them in awhile but again haven't really been looking. Also the TTs are about 100 bucks cheaper than the 52s. Grab one before they dry up too.

That being said.. I really like the 52. I was able to hit a pie plate at 100 yards and I'm not exactly a great shot.
    Last edited by 10Gauge; 04-16-2019 at 08:20 AM. Reason: cant find the brain brakes ahhhh
    corpsman5, Mullo98, otus and 1 others like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    4592 times
    What are the choices again?
    Mullo98 likes this.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    16727 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    What are the choices again?
    one of each or two of each.
    zteknik and Refresh like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    1021 times
    if I could find a nice Russian example, I would trade one of my CZ's for it.

Member #
    Liked
    240 times
    I have both and like both but if it came down to one vs. the other: Cz. wins.

The TT33 lacks alot of refinement and is relatively crude from what I have seen the Cz is more accurate but has the problem with the firing pins but that is relatively easy to fix.
    The TT33 are not safe to carry with a round in the chamber and the hammer down and I am not really a believer in the 1/2 cock safety notch of the TT33 either.
    The Cz. is a little wider and has a different feel than the TT33, it definitely points differently than the TT33.
    Plus I like the hotter ammunition that the Cz has when I can find it.
    Last edited by KMFDM; 04-19-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    "odio vitae semper dissolubilis"

"Ludo mentis sciem"

"Senecta aetas viresque, atque perfidium expugnat"

"sic semper purgamentus Yugo kalashnikov! Tempus orbem ad excoquam eorum et dimittetur eis!"

Member #
    Liked
    9487 times
    No experience with CZ52, but own a Yugo and Romanian Tokarev. I personally wouldn't carry either unless I was really desperate. Having said that, M57 Yugos are still pretty cheap so you might as well pick one up if you want to. Bear in mind the M57 is a little bit different spec than other Tokarev derivatives, like a larger magazine and different recoil spring mechanism.
    corpsman5 likes this.
    "Men who are not free... always idealize their bondage." - Boris Pasternak

Disclaimer: I have been informed that I exist solely as a shill for false flag operations on behalf of not only the United States federal government, but the Illuminati, Majestic 12, Area 51, and Nike. I do not own any firearms (so I've been told) and instead attain self-gratification exclusively with Nerf guns.

©Daedalus Self-Aware Technologies 2009-2017 P.S. ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1021 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    I personally wouldn't carry either unless I was really desperate.
    oh, I'm definitely not planning on carrying either. just something to tinker with, and to enjoy shooting. although, 25 years ago or so, I did carry my CZ52 as a sidearm when I was in the woods, or when I had to go into 'the hood'.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors