AK Rifles banner

Battle Road USA Zombie Destruction Biathalon in Davilla, TX

6K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  natlmatch 
#1 · (Edited)
Test yourself. Test your gear. Have FUN.

Saturday October 12, 2013 will be the next Battle Road USA Zombie Destruction Biathalon in Davilla, TX (near Temple).

Battle Road USA Registration Info

The October 2013 course of fire will still be similar to the prior event but will have some new twists and challenges.

Course of Fire
Battle Road USA

This event is a biathalon – not a 3 gun event. Shooters have to hump/carry all the firearms, ammo and gear they intend to use during the course. The terrain is varied – dry (hopefully) creek beds, obstacles and hills that make you suck wind are all part of the experience. The course is at least 3.5 miles long – shooters may run or walk when participating - but running is not a requirement to participate.

Shooters carry both pistol (carried loaded during the entire course) and rifle (only loaded when actually shooting on a rifle stage). Scores are based on combined run time and shooting scores – with faster run times and faster completion of shooting drills resulting in higher overall scores.

February 2013 Stage 4 photo - akforum member shooting. :smileak:

February 2013 Stage 7 photo

February 2013 Stages 1 - 3 video

February 2013 Stages 4 - 7 video

Here is the archived thread from "the other sight" the first event held in February 2013. Participants that chimed in after the event seemed like they had a good time.
Archived Feb 2013 Zombie Destruction thread

Hope to see you there! I will be a volunteer RO at this event.

See less See more
2 5
Reactions: formula73
#3 ·
Stage 4 shooter here. Can't wait to run this course again. Really torn between LE6920 w/ TA31F or AKSU (sbr) with micro red dot. Max shot is 150, forum member who beat me last year used an iron sight Romi G

:thumbsup:

#6 ·
I'll try to post the dates as soon as I know. It is highly likely the next one will be one in April 2014.

I prefer February when the snakes are asleep, but the guy who puts this on loves warm weather.

#11 ·
Thanks for posting - I meant to post a reminder here.

Future Zombie Destruction Dates:

• April 26, 2014
  • October 11, 2014
  • April 25, 2015
  • October 10, 2015
  • April 23, 2016
  • October 15, 2016

#18 ·
I'll try to get some posted. Even though I carried a camera the whole run I didn't get that many.

#19 ·
It’s happening!

Saturday October 11, 2014 will be the next Battle Road USA Zombie Destruction Biathalon.

Battle Road USA Zombie Destruction Event

The October 2014 course of fire will still be similar to the prior events but will have some new twists and challenges.
This is a biathalon – not a 3 gun event. Shooters have to carry hump all the gear and water they intend to use during the course. The terrain is varied – dry (hopefully) creek beds, obstacles, hills that make you suck wind are all part of the experience.
The course is at least 4 miles long. Shooters may [span style='font-weight: bold;']run or walk [/span]when participating - you choose the pace you want. Shooters use both pistol (carried loaded) and rifle (only loaded when actually shooting on a rifle stage). Scores are based on combined run time and shooting scores – with faster run times and faster completion of shooting drills resulting in higher overall scores. There will be a prize table.

February 2013 Stage 4 photo - that is j_tudeski doing his thing

February 2013 Stage 7 photo (now known as Stage 8 – The Speed Wall)

October 2013 Stage 4 photos

October 2013 Stage 7 photo

October 2013 Winner awards and prize drawings

Hope to see you there!

#21 ·
Yes it is!

#23 ·
I believe 8:00am Saturday. I may be there as early as Thursday night.

A few pics from the speedwall in April 2014

#24 · (Edited)
I hope the entrance is marked with BIG signs, since I will probably be racing to get there in time.

On Stage 5, is that just one hanging target shot from 5 different positions? That is the only way I get 20 rd min, otherwise it would have to be 100 rds. I have not planned to carry enough if it is 100 rds for this stage.

#25 · (Edited)
I've been going to the property there for 7 years and I still drive past the entrance on occasion.

If you approach by going through Rogers be sure you observe posted speeds.

The property entrance gate is right by the highway and has a "cattleman association" sign attached to it. They will likely have a sign.

There is an older house at the front of the property - painted white last I saw.

The Davilla Water tower is the best landmark within sight of the property - if you see the tower you are near. This is the water tower when viewed from the camping area.

The TERMINUS sign may be up. This is past the entrance gate and on the dirt road that leads to the camping area. Follow the power line to the camping area.

Last event Stage 5 was one hanging target and multiple shooting positions. It may have changed. They may have bought more steel. The course of fire for Stage 5 indicates 20 hits required - total for the stage.

The event's actual round count for total hits required is 78 rifle rounds and 63 pistol rounds - consider that a minimum round count.

I carry 7 30 round mags and 6 pistol mags - probably too much. I also carry extra ammo. After each pistol stage I stop to rest and top off my magazines - rules allow for that - to ensure I don't run out at the next pistol stage.

I have an old Ford truck parked on the property - the Death250 - I'll be camping in the camper shell. Stop by and say hi.

#26 ·
Saturday April 11, 2015 will be the next Battle Road USA Zombie Destruction Biathalon.

Battle Road USA Zombie Destruction Biathalon

The April 2015 course of fire will still be similar to the prior events but will have some new twists and challenges.

This is a biathalon – not a 3 gun event. Shooters have to carry/hump all the gear and water they intend to use during the course. The terrain is varied – dry (hopefully) creek beds, obstacles, hills that make you suck wind are all part of the experience.

The course is at least 4 miles long. Shooters may run or walk when participating - you choose the pace you want. Shooters use both pistol (carried loaded) and rifle (only loaded when actually shooting on a rifle stage). Scores are based on combined run time and shooting scores – with faster run times and faster completion of shooting drills resulting in higher overall scores.

Onsite camping (primitive) is welcome.

Dogs are welcome – as long as they are leashed and their master cleans up after them.

J_tudeski and I will be working as volunteer ROs at the event.

Hope to see you there!

#27 ·
J_tudeski and I will be working as volunteer ROs at the event.
I guess we'll be "Stupervising" as ol' Trueno would call it. :cool:

Hey check out my avatar! I forgot it was the out-house from the 1st Zombie shoot. Been a while since I've visited this site.

Reactions: MPiKM-72
#29 ·
I resemble that remark! :confused: :smileak:

Reactions: dvs
#30 ·
I apologize for "rezing" this thread but does anyone know of an event that even comes
close to this? I miss Scout, he was a real good man!

Saturday October 12, 2013 will be the next Battle Road USA Zombie Destruction Biathalon in Davilla, TX (near Temple).

Battle Road USA Registration Info

The October 2013 course of fire will still be similar to the prior event but will have some new twists and challenges.

Course of Fire
Battle Road USA

This event is a biathalon – not a 3 gun event. Shooters have to hump/carry all the firearms, ammo and gear they intend to use during the course. The terrain is varied – dry (hopefully) creek beds, obstacles and hills that make you suck wind are all part of the experience. The course is at least 3.5 miles long – shooters may run or walk when participating - but running is not a requirement to participate.

Shooters carry both pistol (carried loaded during the entire course) and rifle (only loaded when actually shooting on a rifle stage). Scores are based on combined run time and shooting scores – with faster run times and faster completion of shooting drills resulting in higher overall scores.

February 2013 Stage 4 photo - akforum member shooting. :smileak:

February 2013 Stages 1 - 3 video

February 2013 Stages 4 - 7 video

Here is the archived thread from "the other sight" the first event held in February 2013. Participants that chimed in after the event seemed like they had a good time.
Archived Feb 2013 Zombie Destruction thread

Hope to see you there! I will be a volunteer RO at this event.

#31 · (Edited)
I miss him too. Every. Single. Day.

Scout shooting my Draco SBR. That was the last day I saw him.

Scout shooting his beloved Garand.

Waco Tactical Fitness - WTF - has the most similar Run and Gun to the BRUSA Zombie RNG. Held in Crawford, TX. The last event was two weeks ago. Next one will be October. In many ways it is tougher than the Zombie RNG.

https://www.wtfbiathlon.com/

Here is a good AAR of the most recent WTF RNG.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/Waco-Tactical-Fitness-Biathlon-AAR/8-624071/

Impact Run and Gun - Shorter course, but still very challenging. Held at the Impact Zone near Brookshire, TX. We've had two events this year.

WestTX RNG - Fort Davis, TX. Usually one event per year in February. Challenging and very scenic.

Pecos Run and Gun - The original - Pecos, TX usually in September.

There are others. It is amazing how events like these have taken off in the last few years since Scout passed.

This website has the best calendar of similar events. It is getting so that I can't recall them all.

https://texasrunandgun.org/

I work as a Range Officer at WTF and Impact events. Sometimes RO at Pecos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.