Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Monka1812

Thread: TEC Tactical

Ken

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

TEC Tactical

Does anyone know if TEC Tactical is still in business and if they are still making/selling semi PKM fire control groups? If not, is anyone else making them?

thanks, Ken

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Does anyone know if TEC Tactical is still in business and if they are still making/selling semi PKM fire control groups? If not, is anyone else making them?

thanks, Ken
    He is in business, he is still making them and they are still over priced. I sat on the lost for 6 or 7 years now and just got offered one a week or two ago.

I will have one to market shortly, 29 in total for this batch, but almost half are spoken for already. I'm 2 weeks from having stripped lowers out for sale and about 30-45 days for the custom made hammers to be available. The stripped lowers are thinner than they should have been, so you need to trim the pins or deal with them being a little proud, also, i had to work on something different for the safety detent. I will be doing QC on them next week and then trickling them out after that. I have 4 fakelite grips in the works now, but they are a few weeks out. I detest the idea of cutting and welding a hammer so I'm making new ones from scratch, but they will cost nearly as much as the lower.

More semi-auto parts are coming too, but those are a ways out. Recoil rod and firing pins are planned, but on the back burner while I get some Sten and VZ-61 products out.

Ken

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So, do you have any more info like photos and prices?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm waiting for the final finish to be completed for real pictures. I can send you some if you PM me your email, but once I get the fakelite grips back I'll start posting a lot of pictures. Target price for the stripped lower is $120-130ish. I'm not doing this to make money on the PK trigger housings but my other products I will be.

I do not have a price for the hammers or any other parts, but hammers will cost, just because its a special run and I can't use the mass produced ones. I'm trying to make them compatible with a Franklin BFSiii also, and that's part of the price point on them, I could make them cheaper if I didn't make them compatible. Franklin has been very helpful in this also, so props to them for helping me out, good guys.

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Which VZ-61 parts are you working on? Hopefully some metal safety selectors vs the plastic ones on the 9x18 and .380 models?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by back in the USSR View Post
    Which VZ-61 parts are you working on? Hopefully some metal safety selectors vs the plastic ones on the 9x18 and .380 models?
    I can get that in the list, wasn't before so but I can look into it. I have an aluminium brace/stock mount that allows for FastFire or RMR hole pattern optics to co witness. Working on a handguard and a helical mag option too for the 9x18. Those are a little further out though. The trigger packs for the PKM, Sten and RPD are all first.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Long awaited update with pics.

scottyb and JeepFan like this.

Sponsors