Recommended Trigger for SKS?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JoeMomma

Thread: Recommended Trigger for SKS?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Recommended Trigger for SKS?

Looking at buying an SKS. Was told that the pin should be swapped out for a Murray Pin for safety. Found those easy.

Was also told the trigger needs to be replaced, as these were notorious for trigger creep. What trigger replacements do you gents recommend?

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Sorry to hear about your trigger issues. My Norinco SKS is awesome. I put it in a Tapco AR style stock with adjustable rear stock. Iron sights and shoots well. Please Advise about your SKS when it is done. I want to hear the range report with the type of ammo used.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    12087 times
    I would recommend shooting the thing as issued, because the more you use it, the better the trigger will become. The SKS rifle can be very accurate, but it was never designed to be a target shooter, rather it was designed to be used by a military conscript to engage human targets up to 300 meters, and sometimes slightly more. Adding all this other stuff usually does nothing for the accuracy issues people seek.
    JeepFan likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Bill Springfield did the trigger on mine. At first I noticed no difference. Then after a couple hundred rounds, wow!

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Kivaari is THE person to send your trigger group to...... itís not so much the trigger creep or grittiness but is also about safety. An sks can have positive, neutral, or negative hammer engagement. It is explained well on kivaariís website..... SKS triggers, improve the safety of the SKS carbines

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Thanks. I saw the link and I'm sold on his work. I'll send it to him when I win the rifle. Bidding on it right now with only a few hours left. If I don't win it here soon, I'll buy a classic arms Chinese one.

The one I am looking at is a Romanian Cugir.

I only want the rifle to be safe and the trigger not be dreadful when I shoot it.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors