Yugo SKS $430 - Worth buying - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Yugo SKS $430 - Worth buying

  1. #16
    Junior Member

    Member #
    33225
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    4 times
    Man I miss the days when you could buy a SKS for under 200$... Hell my 3rd one I got in trade for formatting a guys laptop lol. when you get a good one, they are great guns! When you get a bad one... man... you will feel like your in Wanted the way your bullets will curve around the target :P
    Itsnodawayitustabe likes this.

  2. #17
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    7125
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dark Side Of The Moon
    Posts
    24,502
    Liked
    11554 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7.62 View Post
    must be some info somewhere for reloading blanks. w/out worrying about a squib you could start real light and work up to pressure signs.
    When I go out to try this, I'll take a pic of the blanks I use. They are made in Serbia, and according to at least one person who used them to fire practice rifle grenades, they do a much better job for distance.

    As far as loading your own, aside from using the right type of powder, getting a good crimp on the end would be somewhat challenging I think. Most blanks use a very fast burning powder, so you could always start there.
    COCONUTS likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  3. #18
    Senior Member

    Member #
    19573
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Filthy South
    Posts
    1,765
    Liked
    885 times
    I just stumbled across these. Classic still has them. With these supposedly being all matching and NOS I'm questioning finally buying an SKS.

    Any other feedback from those of you who know more than I do?
    "God's away on business."

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #19
    Senior Member

    Member #
    27914
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    467
    Liked
    135 times
    I got mine from SOG. Sweet rifle. Brandy new. As far as I can tell from google translate of the logbook it was made and put right into storage. I had a thread goin on it a while back

  6. #20
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    7125
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dark Side Of The Moon
    Posts
    24,502
    Liked
    11554 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoreoocyte View Post
    I just stumbled across these. Classic still has them. With these supposedly being all matching and NOS I'm questioning finally buying an SKS.

    Any other feedback from those of you who know more than I do?
    I would try and get one from SOG if possible. I freely admit I have some issues with Classic Arms, and would not trust them if they said the sun rose in the east and set in the west.
    I have read some positive stuff about what SOG is offering, but I have not checked on that in a few months. IMHO, the Yugo's are worth the extr money when new or nearly new, but some folks don't like the extra weight, and the fact the barrels are not chrome lined.
    Itsnodawayitustabe likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  7. #21
    Senior Member

    Member #
    24282
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    390
    Liked
    298 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    I would try and get one from SOG if possible. I freely admit I have some issues with Classic Arms, and would not trust them if they said the sun rose in the east and set in the west.
    I have read some positive stuff about what SOG is offering, but I have not checked on that in a few months. IMHO, the Yugo's are worth the extr money when new or nearly new, but some folks don't like the extra weight, and the fact the barrels are not chrome lined.
    That was exactly what i did and i ended up with mismatched gun in a very good condition but not unissued. I also paid extra for cleaning and hand select, i m positive it was not hand selected and not cleaned. Otherwise i love the gun

  8. #22
    Senior Member

    Member #
    9990
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FLA & Lake of the Ozarks
    Posts
    836
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    When I go out to try this, I'll take a pic of the blanks I use. They are made in Serbia, and according to at least one person who used them to fire practice rifle grenades, they do a much better job for distance.

    As far as loading your own, aside from using the right type of powder, getting a good crimp on the end would be somewhat challenging I think. Most blanks use a very fast burning powder, so you could always start there.

    Prvi Partizan makes a blank for the M68. I have a few boxes of them but have yet to launch any of my grenades. Years ago I was told they were corrosive, but this states non corrosive.

    Prvi Partizan 7.62x39mm M68 Blank- Box of 15
    majormadmax likes this.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

    TOMORROW:
    One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.

  9. #23
    Banned

    Member #
    31333
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    590
    Liked
    336 times
    FWIW...got my Top Gun and paid $430 for their "Class A" and ... aside from some light scuffing on the butt stock, it is pristine. It was made in 1981 and has all matching serial numbers. It's not even gunked up with cosmoline.

    Mine looks exactly like this one:
    SKS-4.jpg

    Yugoslavian SKS Rifle - 7.62x39mm - Grade A - Top Gun Supply



  10. #24
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    7125
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dark Side Of The Moon
    Posts
    24,502
    Liked
    11554 times
    Quote Originally Posted by COCONUTS View Post
    Prvi Partizan makes a blank for the M68. I have a few boxes of them but have yet to launch any of my grenades. Years ago I was told they were corrosive, but this states non corrosive.

    Prvi Partizan 7.62x39mm M68 Blank- Box of 15
    Those look like mine, but I bought them from a different source.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 04:10 PM
  2. Yugo M53 worth buying?
    By saigaman972 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 10:22 PM
  3. Is this worth buying?
    By wil129 in forum Build It Yourself
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 12:01 PM
  4. Buying a Yugo SKS, what to look for?
    By SeaZast in forum SKS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 05:13 PM

Search tags for this page

is a sks worth buying
,
is sks worth buying
,

sks worth buying

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread