Single shot?

Thread: Single shot?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Single shot?

Thought we had a singles shot yugo till I tried different ammo. Turns out it just doesn't like the Wolf ammo. Anyone else had this problem?
    Somebody's gonna have to go back and get a shitload of dimes

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    There's a problem with any combloc rifle that doesn't like Wolf!
    "In order to keep ourselves safe, we must first take the safety off." - Stephen Colbert
    AK Forum Member #2439

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    mine loves the wolf

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pylefmj
    There's a problem with any combloc rifle that doesn't like Wolf!
    Any speculation as to what it might be? Gas tube? Piston?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    could be the gas plug is leaking enough that Wolf isn't producing enough to cycle it.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Can you be more specific about the problems your Yugo is having with the Wolf ammo? FTC, FTE, so on and so forth. A little more info would be helpfull in determining a cause. What other ammo did you try?
    "The Rivet Bastard"... Coming to a theater near you.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Is it a M59

or a 59/66?

If its a 59/66 make absolutely sure the gas shut-off valve is turned all the way to the right. Im sure you would have(especially since it worked with other ammo)

If the problem pursists then it is most likely a leaky gas shut-off valve, try using a new one, or using a cut paper clip make a metal gasket to fit between the gas valve and the gas tube.

If it is a M59 then you could try the paper clip gasket approach.

I have an M59/66 that was a single shot for probaly about a year before i took ten minutes to bend a paper clip into a circle and stick it between the valve and tube. It was a tight fit, but now the thing works fine.
    "Yes, you really can build a gun with bolt cutters......"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It's a 59-66. Cheaper than dirt had them for 89 bucks a while back and I bought a few of them. My friend bought 2. One of them works right with anything you put in it. As for ammo, Wolf seems to be the fly in the ointment with these rifles. Monarch, from Academy seems to work great in all but one. The one super finicky rifle doesn't want anything but Golden Tiger. I tried the paper clip trick, but maybe I didn't do it right, cause it didn't help anything.

It's not really such a big deal now that we know what each one likes, but it would be cool to find out what the hell the deal is. We may actually need em someday and not have anything but Wolf!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Does the recoil spring on the finicky one seem any stiffer than the other ones?

It might just be a smidgeon too stiff.

How did the single shot problem go exactly? Was it hard to open the bolt after firing? Did it try to eject the shell at all?

Does the gas shutoff valve look corroded? does it have pitting? If so you can use a runny mixture of JB weld or something similar to fill in the pitting and make a tighter seal.

Some pictures might help.

You might just need to get a replacement valve.

There is someone who makes stainless steel replacements on ebay, you might look that up. I cant remember the price off hand but it was decent.

Other than that i cant think of anything to do except not feeding it wolf.

How exactly did you use the paper clip? Did you put it into the tube, or did you put it around the lip of the gas valve?

Good luck, and if it still doesnt work it might be time to do some bayo drills.
    "Yes, you really can build a gun with bolt cutters......"

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Check your recoil spring. If you have it in backwards it won't want to work right. Curly side goes in the carrier.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance... it's the illusion of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The recoil springs all seem to be about the same tension. As for putting them in backwards, the one that we have that works no matter what, actually had the spring in backwards when I bought it. It worked flawlessly.

How did the single shot problem go exactly? Was it hard to open the bolt after firing? Did it try to eject the shell at all?
    You load the first round in, it fires, and either it they try to eject the shell but can't get it out, or they bolt will move back about 1/4 inch and stops.

Out of 6 rifles we bought, only one works correctly with anything we put in it. 4 of the remaining rifles work great with anything besides Wolf. The last rifle won't work with anything besides Golden Tiger. I've even tried stout handloads with a couple different recipes and it won't work with them either.

The gas piston doesn't seem pitted or worn excessively on any of them. I bent the paperclip around the beveled edge of the piston, making a tight "gasket" if you will. It didn't seem to change anything.

Keep in mind that when fed the ammo they want, they all work exceptionally well. In fact the pickiest one actually seems to be the most accurate!

Sponsors