2A March aka Million Gun Owner March 1 year away.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

2A March aka Million Gun Owner March 1 year away.

A little gauge on opinion, here.

http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/

I'm looking at this 2nd Amendment March that's about a year away.
    Set for April 2010, which is about the time I take vacay anyway. (rhymes)
    No real reason I can't attend, even if it's just an up 48 hours kind of road trip.

How 'bout ya'll?
    Anybody getting a feel for popular opinion in our community on this one?
    Any gun owning agoraphobics out there?

Could be a good op for an AKForum.net meet up.
    We could all hold hands as we March. :lol:

I waited so long to get a PMR-30 at just the original list price that I don't even want one anymore.

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    I'm just a hop, skip, and a jump away (bout halfway between DC and Bodymore). Wouldn't be too tough for me to drive to Greenbelt and hop the Metro in.

I'm down. Bet my wife would be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by someone
    saying you saved a Chinese rifle by turning it into a Romanian clone is like saying you washed your hands with poop and hot water.

Member #
    Liked
    256 times
    I'll be there!

eta: I just saw that there is a Town Hall meeting in Traverse City, MI in late June. I'm gonna be visiting family there then (actually in Charlevoix right near there). Looks like I'll be there, too.

andy
    "All we know about the new economic world tells us that nations which train engineers will prevail over those which train lawyers. No nation has ever sued its way to greatness.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I won't be. I'm pretty sure it won't be as organized and as well managed & planned as it really should be, and I'd rather not be a part of it in the (likely) event it degrades...

All you need, is one white supremacist, anarchist, or just generalized wacko in the crowd of thousands with bad intentions and a firearm. This march is the only event that the worst of the worst can speak for everybody......

***edit***
    I might add, there is no need for it. We are winning, the vigilance, instant dissemination of information and individual efforts in fighting legislation have really paid off. This "march" doesn't serve a purpose if we are already doing alright.. unless of course, it degrades. Then it's just a nail in the coffin and undermines pro-firearm efforts already underway across the country. While the premise may be good, I am wholly against it for this reason. We are not a bunch of MSM educated moms. Being a bunch of marching zombies has more of a chance to backfire than render any positive statement whatsoever. It IS the MSM that will be reporting on it......

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by os-foxtrot
    I won't be. I'm pretty sure it won't be as organized and as well managed & planned as it really should be, and I'd rather not be a part of it in the (likely) event it degrades...

All you need, is one white supremacist, anarchist, or just generalized wacko in the crowd of thousands with bad intentions and a firearm. This march is the only event that the worst of the worst can speak for everybody......

***edit***
    I might add, there is no need for it. We are winning, the vigilance, instant dissemination of information and individual efforts in fighting legislation have really paid off. This "march" doesn't serve a purpose if we are already doing alright.. unless of course, it degrades. Then it's just a nail in the coffin and undermines pro-firearm efforts already underway across the country. While the premise may be good, I am wholly against it for this reason. We are not a bunch of MSM educated moms. Being a bunch of marching zombies has more of a chance to backfire than render any positive statement whatsoever. It IS the MSM that will be reporting on it......

Exactly.

http://colonialshooting.com/

You can reach me directly at templarm4carbine at gmail.com

TheAKForum Site Staff, Retired

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by os-foxtrot

***edit***
    +1 on that!
    Join us and live in peace, or continue on your present course and face obliteration. The decision rests with you.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Not a lot of optimism here in "AWB."
    I waited so long to get a PMR-30 at just the original list price that I don't even want one anymore.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am going to try to be there.

I will not piss away my right to assemble due to fear.

The anti-gunners and leftists sure as hell assemble. So should we.
    Armum Pacem Continent

Member #
    Liked
    1406 times
    sorry, although i would love to be there i dont do so well in large crowds of people....that and i have my morals, religious people avoid the red light district and i avoid the district of columbia... i would just feel dirty breathing in the air....
    It's not about the money, it's about the Kalashnikov!!! Old motto, still MY motto.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I rather spend the money on going on guns and gun accessories.

It would be better if we assembled in our local city centers.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA, JOIN US!

AKForum Member #13834

One of the Great Texan Mofos!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    All it would take is a few plants. After seeing how the Tea Partys went off - mostly good, but some negative consequences revealed afterwards such as folks being watched it might not be such a good deal, even if it was completely peaceful.

Rhino

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I can not believe the defeatism here. We shouldn't ever do anything because the left might try to make us look bad when we do it?
    Armum Pacem Continent

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by warpiper
    I can not believe the defeatism here. We shouldn't ever do anything because the left might try to make us look bad when we do it?
    It's not defeatism......it's realism. I can see this being turned into a media circus that would do nothing but hurt our cause.

We'd be much better off doing something at a local level like the Tea Party demostrations.

http://colonialshooting.com/

You can reach me directly at templarm4carbine at gmail.com

TheAKForum Site Staff, Retired

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Personally, I think that better even than the tea party stuff is personally picking out two or three folks that you think are decent and might lean towards being favorable to "the cause." Have them over for dinner, or do something you're comfortable with and then take them out shooting sometime! Better yet if they have kids that you can help reverse the brainwashed from their public schooling.
    Rallys and such may have value at points, and may indeed be necessary in the future, but of more value is trying to check the steady erosion caused by the current education system and the stuff being taught there. It's not that they don't think that guns are cool, the real threat is from folks who've been brainwashed into Marxist doctrines and worship the state as their Savior from all troubles.

Rhino

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors