Thread: The Current Virginia Madness

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    651 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFootIn View Post
    VA is the new CA
    Not yet. Nothing has been signed into law so far. And nothing has been sent to the governor.

Universal background checks and red flag laws will probably go through. I'm not too sure about the rest.

One handgun a month might pass, but a DC federal appellate court ruled this unconstitutional in 2017. That probably won't stand a legal challenge.
    01 FFL, Gunsmith, and Prop Maker
    NRA Life Member - Benefactor
    GOA Life Member
    NSSF Member
    VCDL Member

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    651 times
    The sheriffs of Virginia are on gun owners' side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaCXJHZ1Imc

Spread this video around so everyone sees it.

Remember, Virginia is now ground zero in our fight for the Second Amendment.
    JoeMomma and scottyb like this.
    GOA Life Member
    NSSF Member
    VCDL Member

Member #
    Liked
    433 times
    What do 1934, 1968, 1989, 1994, and 2020 have in common?

Once you lose your rights - be it overnight or incrementally - you don't get them back.

Virginia is the new California. Serves em' right for letting a bunch of foreigners and government apparatchiks invade their state while staying home and not voting (not like voting really helps, but still). Virginia is getting what it deserves. I'm sure another Realtree convention will stop this, though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    433 times
    Update: Virginia HB961 has passed in committee = magazine and "assault weapons" ban

Some citizens were there to complain about it and the Virginia State Police - those valiant law enforcement officers who "will never bow to this tyranny" - formed a riot line and ordered them to vacate the premises within 30 seconds or be arrested for trespassing.

#BlueLivesMatter #BackTheBlue

Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Well... they have a job to do and they love their job
    I am not at all surprised.

Next the voters are asked to support a small increase in local sales tax to help local police procure much needed equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdcjJoXeEY

Member #
    Liked
    5682 times
    needs moar AK

or beer

Member #
    Liked
    1123 times
    Democrats don't care what honest people say or want, or what is or isn't constitutional. They just know better.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4119 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

Sorry to say it, but that was some real pussy shit to leave that room peacefully as ordered, when it was actually time to rock and roll. Don't blame the cops, when does our side make a stand?

To expand, I'm talking about non-violent resistance rather than armed confrontation. Gandhi and King made it work, the violence solutions encouraged out of frustration today have no successful modern parallel. That situation would have lent itself well to the entire crowd simply refusing to leave, with thousands more spontaneously joining them on the outside. If you're serious about a cause, you've got to be willing to lay it on the line in a way that has some chance of success.
    Last edited by AZAK; 02-09-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    22many and JoeMomma like this.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8817 times
    They shouldn’t have left the room. Its a public building and they have the right to be there.

They tried pulling that same crap when I was at a counsel meeting years ago. Told them they have no authority to evict people from a public building to limit free speech.
    10Gauge, scottyb, SigWig and 1 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    651 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post
    Sorry to say it, but that was some real pussy shit to leave that room peacefully as ordered, when it was actually time to rock and roll. Don't blame the cops, when does our side make a stand?
    It's still not time.

This bill needs to still pass the full House. It then has to go to a couple subcommittees in the Senate, and eventually, to the full Senate.

There's already one Democrat in the Senate who said he won't vote for any bill that ban things. And there's another Democratic senator who will likely not sign on either.

I'm willing to bet this bill doesn't make it out of the senate subcommittees. It's not any more palatable than SB 16, which was withdrawn by Senator Saslaw before it went anywhere.

On the other hand, and on the positive side, it shows the entire country that the Democrats want bans and confiscations. It's going to hurt them in 2020 significantly. I wouldn't be surprised if Virginia turned red in the November election. If that happens, Democrats will drop gun control as a platform like a hot potato. But I'll nonetheless never trust them again on the Second Amendment. Ever.
    scottyb, 22many and JoeMomma like this.
    GOA Life Member
    NSSF Member
    VCDL Member

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4119 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philippes View Post
    It's still not time.
    I gave the wrong impression, see edits above - talking King and Gandhi methods, not boogaloo.

This bill needs to still pass the full House. It then has to go to a couple subcommittees in the Senate, and eventually, to the full Senate.

There's already one Democrat in the Senate who said he won't vote for any bill that ban things. And there's another Democratic senator who will likely not sign on either.

I'm willing to bet this bill doesn't make it out of the senate subcommittees. It's not any more palatable than SB 16, which was withdrawn by Senator Saslaw before it went anywhere.
    Didn't realize things were this early in the legislative path. These are reasonable hopes - "always" and "never" don't usually apply in politics - and they will be made more likely with the right kind of public support.

On the other hand, and on the positive side, it shows the entire country that the Democrats want bans and confiscations. It's going to hurt them in 2020 significantly. I wouldn't be surprised if Virginia turned red in the November election. If that happens, Democrats will drop gun control as a platform like a hot potato. But I'll nonetheless never trust them again on the Second Amendment. Ever.
    Well said.
    Last edited by AZAK; 02-09-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    We've got a hell of a lot more in common with the fellow citizens we're being trained to hate than the puppetmasters training us to hate them.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    LOOKING FOR: EG SSG-82 5.45 bolt gun; Soviet (7.62), East German (7.62/5.45) and Romy (5.45) Barrels; nice EG or Soviet Makarov
    I organize and sell Commbloc weapon/parts/accessory collections and estates for those who cannot or would prefer not to, send a PM if interested.
    Kalashnikov Collectors Association

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8817 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAK View Post

To expand, I'm talking about non-violent resistance rather than armed confrontation. Gandhi and King made it work, the violence solutions encouraged out of frustration today have no successful modern parallel. That situation would have lent itself well to the entire crowd simply refusing to leave, with thousands more spontaneously joining them on the outside. If you're serious about a cause, you've got to be willing to lay it on the line in a way that has some chance of success.
    Unfortunately I don’t think there is another way. The Democrats have already shown by still entering a gun control bill after the major protest that they don’t care about the people or the rights, only their own agenda. They just watered it down to exclude confiscation and some others but still, it goes to show that they won’t be happy until we are disarmed. We in the gun community have always known this but it needs to be exemplified on a national level for all to see.

I really hope the dems in VA are voted out and that state flips again. It would really show the rest of the US what we the people are capable of if one starts limiting our rights.
    scottyb, 10Gauge and JoeMomma like this.

Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    You know what we all do?
    We draw one more last line in the sand. And another one, And another one.

Meanwhile they chip away our freedom.
    A bunch of chickenshit heads on our side.

And you know why?
    Because the historical Militia and the people who actually stood up for their freedom against the British did not have mortgages, did not have credit card charges and late fees, income taxes, medical insurance premiums and bills, internet to brag about their patriotism and waste their entire time typing post after post on various forums gaining "Likes" and bragging points.

Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    As I said above, little by little.

I know, I know, I know. It will never happen here. Of course, it will never happen anywhere. Sure. That's what everybody says. Never and not here.

Arizona now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp-742Fge7M
    scottyb and 10Gauge like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5682 times
    Just another example of what the shitknuckles are doing.
    needs moar AK

or beer

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Sponsors