Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: The so called bump stock ban

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    22 times

The so called bump stock ban

I'm sure it's been brought up before . I was under the impression it was to take place soon . I have heard no new news on this subject . I can't see very many people destroying so of these stocks like the Fostec stock as it was at one time being sold for around 450 new . Any of you folks hear any new talk on this ?
    Thanks for your input.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    216 times
    They are still for sale on GB. I doubt the federal government will be able to confiscate these without compensation if some ban does pass. If you want some buy them now. If something does pass they will have to grandfather them in or allow them to be added to the registry. Either way I don’t think you will be out any $$. Besides the ammo you will consume using one will eclipse the cost of the stock in one range session.
    WTB: Russian PLO Parts KITS
    Type 1-2-3 Russian Barrels / Deact kits
    Late 70s Russian AKM kits

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3511 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AKlineman View Post
    If something does pass they will have to grandfather them in or allow them to be added to the registry.
    You are giving the ATF waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit

They already have published directions for how to "legally" destroy your bumpstock: https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...how-to-destroy
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

-Benjamin Franklin

4. Remove Advertisements
    TheAKForum.net
    Advertisements

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3511 times
    This is the final ruling BTW. Such bullshit-

On December 18, 2018, Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announced that the Department of Justice has amended the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), clarifying that bump stocks fall within the definition of “machinegun” under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger.
    The Final Rule

The rule will go into effect March 26, 2019; 90 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register.
    The final rule clarifies that the definition of “machinegun” in the Gun Control Act (GCA) and National Firearms Act (NFA) includes bump-stock-type devices, i.e., devices that allow a semiautomatic firearm to shoot more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger by harnessing the recoil energy of the semiautomatic firearm to which it is affixed so that the trigger resets and continues firing without additional physical manipulation of the trigger by the shooter.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regula...how-to-destroy
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

-Benjamin Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    478 times
    So I’m either going to have to register or destroy my thumb and belt loops?
    10Gauge, Fiorentino and scottyb like this.

Member #
    Liked
    16761 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite View Post
    don't forget your shoelaces, rubber bands, and a fuck-ton of other things you could use to do the same goddamn thing.
    Fiorentino, scottyb, AZG and 1 others like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3511 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite View Post
    10Gauge, AZG and Mullo98 like this.

-Benjamin Franklin

Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Trigger fingers are also to be turned in as someone can still bump-fire a semi-auto without that evil stock.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    And we thought we had a PRO 2A man in the high office. But historically all bans came under republicans. The machine gun ban was under Reagan, Importation of nonsporting rifles was banned under Bush I, and Barrel ban cam under Bush II. What is up with that?

Member #
    Liked
    16761 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daefash View Post
    And we thought we had a PRO 2A man in the high office. But historically all bans came under republicans. The machine gun ban was under Reagan, Importation of nonsporting rifles was banned under Bush I, and Barrel ban cam under Bush II. What is up with that?
    Weird, right?

It's almost like toolboxes 'in charge' don't want the common man to be armed with efficient weapons, regardless of the letter behind their name.
    Fiorentino and otus like this.
    "There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear

Closed captioned for the drinking impaired. Wait...

Member #
    Liked
    303 times
    The ATF is messing up their own precedents, what about “once a machinegun always a machinegun”. Hmm, logic, not necessary if you write the rules of enforcement for the ATF...
    10Gauge and scottyb like this.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    The concerning part it was an executive order and not legislative. It creates a precedence for future Attorney Generals to ban whatever they want. Once i saw a single shot AR15 lower for sale and i wondered if it would be in our future.

Member #
    Liked
    4606 times
    Remember those pump action AKs?
    needs moar AK

or beer

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Again my lack of knowledge seems to stand in my way of thinking . I was told this has to be put on the books before it can be enforced. I also thought there would be legal battle over this bull shit law. This as far as I know is not been pu on the books . Who is challenging it ? Anyone know? People really went on the side of that's a waste of money , you can't hit any thing with it . They are cheap plastic . I heard it all . I went ahead and ordered a Fostec Bumpski , made out of billitt aluminmn. Very pricey for sure . Installed it on a 65 Romny and holy hell . My friends shut their mouth real quick and begged to try it .i could tear the hell. Out of a target at 50 yards no problem . Shit eve hit the fan and I had to protect my family and property I would definitely want one in my collection. I can't see how they can do away with them with out some form of compasation or grand father them in .
    AKlineman likes this.

Technical Advisors

Member #
    Liked
    3511 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daefash View Post
    The concerning part it was an executive order and not legislative. It creates a precedence for future Attorney Generals to ban whatever they want.

Bingo. This shit is downright terrifying. The worst part is hearing gunowners saying "oh it's just bump stocks who cares about those".... totally missing the point!
    10Gauge, scottyb, Andyman and 1 others like this.

-Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors